Chapter 1: The Visitors

Shadow: "Let me get this straight.... You two are from a different world?"

The ebony and crimson hedgehog asks two familiar looking characters. One elderly man with a white mustache that very much looks like the infamous Doctor Eggman's, he is however slimmer and seems more worn and tired than the original. The other is a young yellow mobian fox, who closely resembles the twin tailed fox Tails, except he only has one tail and wears glasses, he also appears to be a little older around 17 or 18 years old. Unlike Tails he is tall and slender built, almost a head taller than Shadow.

Both the old man and fox wear green uniforms with white capes that look like bird wings.

The five of them are standing in the "Team Dark office" at GUN, Rouge and Omega sit in a corner observing them quietly while Shadow stands in front of them listening.

Miles: "A different dimension, to be more precise... We are from earth 2300."

The yellow fox replies to Shadow as he corrects his glasses.

Rouge: "And your names are Professor Robotnik and Miles Prower?"

The bat asks them.

Miles: "Yes we are different versions of your acquaintances."

Professor Robotnik: "We have come to ask for your help Shadow, as you are the only one who can help us...."

The old man pleads.

Shadow: "Listen, I don't take jobs outside this world. I promised a friend to keep this planet safe, and I intend to keep that promise... My hands are already full... Can't you ask your Sonic or Shadow for help?"

Both the fox and the old man go silent for a moment, they exchange a troubled look before continuing.

Miles: "They... They are both dead.... "

The tall yellow fox mumbles and starts fiddling.

Rouge: "Dead?" The bat peaks her ears.

Robotnik: "Our Shadow gave his life many years ago to save my cousin Maria."

Shadow: "Maria?.... Maria lives in your world?"

Miles: "Yes, she lives, she is the leader of the organization we represent. A peace keeping unit called "The Guardian Angels"".

The yellow fox clenches his fist and rests it on his chest, as if he is doing a salute of some kind.

Robotnik: "Our Sonic died while trying to save her... She has been kidnapped and held prisoner by a doppelganger of yours from another dimension, Earth 2000. He calls himself Kage."

Miles: "Kage is the Japanese word for shadow."

The yellow fox adds.

Robotnik: "We need your help to rescue her. Please Shadow we can't do this on our own. I can't bear to lose her, she is the only family I have left!"

The old man begs.

Shadow slumps down in a chair, and for a moment he stares off into space.

Rouge: "If that Kage-Shadow-character can take out Sonic, he must be a pretty tough nail... and extremely dangerous!"

The bat crosses her arms as she steps in between Shadow and the two visitors.

Shadow: "Maria... lives?"

The words echo in his mind.

She wasn't his Maria... but... maybe saving her could be a way of redeeming himself? He had for years been troubled by the fact that he had failed to save his Maria... In a way he owed it to her to at least try... and it would be nice to see her just one more time. To see the person she could have grown up to be... And if it turned out to be a trap, they would be more screwed than him, after all he was the ultimate lifeform, the most powerful being in the universe. No one can harm him!