"Where are you going?" Edward asked, and I made the greatest effort of clearing my mind. I could only pray that he was too preoccupied about Bella literally sleeping with Jacob to read my thoughts.

"I have to pee."

It was a simple excuse, and one most didn't question. I slipped from the tent, passed the huge, russet wolf that I knew to be Seth, and broke into a dead sprint into the cold, harsh forest.

Was this the stupidest thing I have ever done? Yes. Was I turning into Bella by making a life-changing decision based off of a dream? Yes. Am I going to stop? No.

My feet skid on the frozen ground, but I just lashed out my hands and kept going. I haven't run like this since we were in Arizona, and I had to go to the dance-studio. I felt the same, my heart and head alike were pounding, my breathing wasn't even something I was aware of, and a adrenaline buzzed in my veins like some kind of alcohol.

The next thing I knew, I had been tackled to the ground, and my head glanced off a rock. I barely felt it at first, but blood seeped through my hair. The red-headed vampire grinned down at me, her red-eyes glittering with blood-lust. I gasped, pure terror gripped my heart, and in that moment, I had no idea what to do.

I scrambled to my feet, the red drops on the snow making my heart skip a beat. Blood... vampires.

Oh no.

"Hi, Courtney." Victoria greeted me like we were old friends. She took a step to the side, and I winced, bringing my hand to my head as a trickle of pain seeped through. I'm going to die. This isn't supposed to happen. "It's been a long time since I have seen you."

"Get away from me." I took a shaky step back until my back hit the stiff trunk of a tree... but it wasn't.

I screamed, jumping back when another vampire materialized behind me. I was trapped.

They'll hear that. They'll come.

The blood-sucker behind me couldn't be more than my age. With golden hair, and shiny red eyes. I recognized him, from posters in my dad's house.

"Riley Biers."

"I hear you know Sadie." He grinned wickedly, taking a step forward, making me take one back. I was in the middle of a sandwich of death. "She's a nice girl."

"What did you do to her?" I hissed, my voice low. Come on. I silently willed. Come on, Edward, Jasper, someone.

"Turned her myself." He bragged, raising a hand to his chest. Anger rose in my throat like bile. He was proud. He killed my best friend, and he's proud.

"You sick, bastard." A small shiver ran through my body, and I don't think it was from the cold. "You... suck."

I was too scared to think of a better word, okay!

His eyes seemed to flash, trained on my head. Blood. They won't be able to help themselves. Eventually they'll give in, they'll kill me. Kill me and drink my blood. I was going to die. Against my own will, a tear slipped past my eyes, and my knees lowered to the ground. I closed my eyes, bringing my arms up to cover my neck and face. They were gonna kill me, I was ready.

For the first time in her life. Courtney Swan gave up.

I'm sorry.

Before either of them had the chance to pounce, a feral growl cut through the forest, and then Riley Biers went flying.

Victoria and I alike perked up, and then Edward came.

He dropped down from a tree, right behind Victoria. A small wolf snarled at Riley, and I gasped. "Seth?"