Isabelle gave him a curt nod and stood in front of her team, a trace of the same strictness in her voice and eyes as she addressed them. "All right, you heard the man. Check your gear and follow me. Andrew, I want you in the front with me, Simon, move to the back with Lyla and Brad." she ordered and Magnus saw her all business-like attitude. He couldn't help but smile a little.

Alec gave him a wary look and then glanced at Valentine. "Let's go." he said and Magnus nodded, mind back on what was about to happen. He knew that this was going to be hell. Jonathan was not the giving up type. He also knew, that Raphael was somewhere in there, and even though he couldn't be sure of his loyalty, he feared for his life. Alec had given his team orders - minimal body count, but if Raphael should step between Alec and his siblings and family, he wouldn't hesitate to take the man down. Magnus hoped that it wouldn't come to that. The went down the small slope, approaching the building. 

It started to rain just as they reached the door and Alec let go of Valentine, to open the door, leaving Magnus to support the man. Valentine looked beaten up, but his eyes shone wicked, almost as if he was enjoying a private joke. Magnus resisted the urge to punch him square in the face. "Alright, keep your eyes open." Alec said, moving inside, taking Valentine's other side once again.

The building was old, the ground was not a floor but mud and dirt, the walls like sheet metal, reminding Magnus warehouses he used to store his valuables, when he was moving from place to place. He always had to have a backup plan, a place to store his weapons and a place to sleep at when he couldn't risk staying at motels. He smelled the air, thick with rain and mold. The ceiling was high and a few, large laps were swinging over their head, making a creaking sound in the empty building. In front of them was a staircase, both sides of metal railing and steps leading upstairs to some office-like rooms. On the left there were two doors and on the right a row of barrels and tins, looking like gasoline. "Lovely." Magnus commented, making Alec chuckle a bit. His eyes were wandering around, observing every detail. Magnus could relate. The first thing he had done when they stepped in was to make sure he had an escape route. He could see another set of stairs, leading to a second floor. From the outside he could've told that there were at least 3 stories to the building.

There was a back door, chained and locked. His eyes moved back to the two doors on the left. One of them was on it's hinges, open. The other seemed sturdy enough, closed. Then, they heard something clink and steps, like someone coming down the stairs, dragging a chain behind them on the ground. Well, the sound wasn't entirely deceiving.

He heard Alec gasp softly as Jonathan appeared into view, Raphael on his side, both carrying a figure in between them. Magnus spared a glance at Alec, whose eyes were shining with distress, panic and anger, and he was biting his lip. Magnus turned back to see Jonathan and Raphael make Jace sit down on a chair, almost in the middle of the weird room. He looked terrible.

From what Magnus could see, his left eye was swollen shut, there were cuts on his face, some of them bleeding, some not. His lower abdomen was bleeding excessively and his arms were covered in bruises. The black jeans concealed any other injuries he might have had. The blonde hair were dirty and more black than blonde at that point and Magnus swallowed. He felt anger towards Jonathan, deep in him like a burning fire. The monster who stood before him needed to die, that much was for sure. If Magnus was feeling this way, he could only imagine how Alec was feeling. He was visibly shaking with anger. Magnus pleaded to the heavens that he'd keep in control.

"Ah, welcome. You made it." Jonathan drawled, voice echoing in the empty room. Magnus tilted his head. "Jonathan." he said and the redhead smirked, smile cruel and unyielding. "Magnus Bane. You've been a pain in the ass for far too long. I'm glad our contract will be terminated today. I'm sure my father agrees with me." Jonathan said, eyeing Valentine. The man just pushed his head back, staring back at his son. Alec's hands were balled in fists. "Jace... Jace." he said, nothing else leaving his lips and it hurt Magnus's heart, hearing his voice to broken. His brother didn't hear him, he seemed dazed, barely keeping it together. The blonde's eyes were drooping shut. "You son of a-" Alec started, releasing Valentines hand and taking a step forward. As Raphael raised his gun, Magnus got a hold of Alec. "Alexander, stop. Do not make this any worse than it is. Remember..." he lowered his voice "the plan. Remember the plan." he finished and Alec stopped, eyes blazing and boring into Jonathan's, who smiled at him, clearly amused.