Soobin just nod at him, "You did great number six, I hope to see you at nationals." Beomgyu hissed at him but nodded after, not wanting to be as rude as that tall ass rabbit. Soobin then looks around searching for this 'certain someone', he then smiles and waved at him, "Hey! Foxy!" He yells and runs after the boy. Jeongin choked on his spit and turns around as he smiles shyly.

"H-Hey, don't call me that." He said and Soobin shake his head, "Nope! I refuse, foxy suits you anyways. You did great!" The younger smiles at him feeling proud of himself and overwhelmed from the small compliment, Soobin then looked at Hyunjin who was drinking his water, "Oh, this is Hyunjin, right?" He said which made Jeongin flustered and quickly covered his mouth.

Jeongin's face grew red as he felt Hyunjin stare at them, he hid his face as he looks down. "Soobin! Lets go!" Lisa yells and Soobin nodded at her, "I'll be there coach!" He yells and grabbed his bag, caressing Jeongin's head after, "I hope to see you at nationals, also, lets hang out next friday!" He said and finally left the gymnasium. All of them are outside now, "W-Wait! What? What do you mean? You live in Seoul.." Jeongin said.

Soobin turns to look at him and smiles brightly, "I won't bother travelling from there to here, chat you later." He said and finally went inside the van, Kamagwinae's team watched the vehicle leave the school. Once its out, Beomgyu then rushed towards Jeongin, "Innie! What does he mean? You guys have something in between now?" He asks in a very suspicious way.

"Yeah! You guys have something in between, huh?" Guanlin joined in, crossing his arms and raising both of his eyebrows.

Jaemin appeared from behind, "You guys dating-"

"No! Absolutely not!" Jeongin yells as he stumbled on his words, his ears and cheeks flushed red from what his friends are saying right now. He sighs and smiles at them softly, ruffling their hairs one by one, "We're just friends, alright?" He said with a very soothing voice. "Yeah, friends." Guanlin said and cooed loving his hair being ruffled, but then he shrieked in pain when Jeongin gripped on it, still smiling sweetly.

"Now, now, boys. Congratulations for your win, I'm glad you had fun, go home safely!" Jungkook said and hopped inside the car of Sana with Jihoon as they drove off, the others also started going home in pairs and group of friends. "His voice." Mark said as Yeonjun, Beomgyu and Haechan looks at him in confusion, they saw him looking at Jeongin who is still scolding Guanlin, "It's like- it changed, like-"

"Yeah, I know, I know." Haechan cuts him off as the younger chuckles and wears a small grin, "It's Soobin." He said and Mark nodded and started walking out of the campus. Beomgyu and Yeonjun then went to the opposite direction. "That was incredible! Did you see their faces? They're shocked!" He jumps and giggles in joy as Yeonjun nodded at him. "They were like-" He then made a shock expression, "And then-" he then made a horrified expression, "And also-"

Beomgyu started making funny faces in which Yeonjun laughs at a little, Beomgyu's heart skipped a beat when heard him laugh like an angel, he smiles as he made him happy. Noticing how awful is aura is ever since Soobin appeared, speaking of that boy, Beomgyu is curious on what their relationship is, so while Yeonjun is calm he wanted to ask it, "Can I ask something?"

Yeonjun hummed as a yes in response, "U-Uhm," Beomgyu heaves out a sigh, feeling nervous about it, "Who's Soobin?" He asks, Yeonjun's eyes widens from it, Beomgyu frowns but wanted to know. "Oh, want to know who he is?" Beomgyu nodded, he chuckles at him, "Just.."

"Nice, Yeonjun!" One of the kids said, the school gymnasium was filled with ball sounds and shoes frictions on the floor. Yeonjun smiles and laughs after he spiked the ball, they are currently in 6th grade and in the middle of the match. Yes, they won and now jumping in joy as they all shared a group hug. Soobin giggles and made a high five with the older, "Your block was amazing, Soobin!"

Soobin nodded and just smiled at him, they all line up and bowed at the opponent, after that their coach told them to have a small meeting. Theie team are now in a circle, listening to their coach, "You all did a good job! Especially you, Yeonjun, you are such an amazing boy." Yeonjun became shy and rubbed his nape as he chuckles shyly at him.

Soobin looks at him and suddenly, his heart felt like it has arrows shooting in it, he watched their coach and their teammates started praising Yeonjun. He somehow felt out of place, not belonged, not at all. He never got a compliment, just from Yeonjun. "Hey, Soobinie! Lets go!" Yeonjun calls him out.

He noticed that they're all carrying their bags and are now going home, Soobin and Yeonjun are neighbors and goes home together, bestfriends. While walking, Soobin stopped midway and listened to hos friend talking about the match, Yeonjun noticed it and stopped walking as well, turning to look at him, he saw how the younger boy was wearing a frown.

"Soobin? What's wrong? Are you alright?" Yeonjun asks in a worried tone, Soobin clenched his fists trying his best to speak and spit everything out. Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows, "Soobin-"

"You're so cool, Yeonjun." Soobin said, still looking down, Yeonjun just stood there in confusion. "You're such an amazing boy, coach said." Soobin looks up and chuckled at him, his eyes were glossy from the tears that are building up. Yeonjun doesn't know what words should he say or let out, "Soobin, I don't understand.."

"Ofcourse you don't!" Soobin says out loud and laughs after, Yeonjun took a step backwards as he was taken aback from it. Soobin's tears started to flow down like a crying river, "Yeonjun there, Yeonjun here, you're a good player. And it sucks, you know why? Because I think I'm just your shadow!" He yells, Yeonjun whimpered quietly as he flinched.

"You always steal the spotlight!" Soobin said in an angry tone, pointing at his friend as he grith his teeth. Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to hold Soobin's hand, "Soobin-"

"No! Don't touch me!" Soobin scoffs and pulls his hand away before the older even held it, he chuckles and let out a disappointed sigh. "I can't take this anymore, I always get scolded and coach would always say, 'Look at Yeonjun!' And 'Try being him!' And I did, okay? I did tried to be like you!" Yeonjun frowns, feeling guilty about it.

"I'm sick of this, listen up," He said and Yeonjun looks up at him with teary eyes, "This will be the last day of us together, I'll be moving in Seoul next week and when I meet you again, I will crush you and your team." He said with a smirk, an evil one. Yeonjun widened his eyes, he did not intend it like that and he doesn't like the idea at all.

Soobin then walked passed him, Yeonjun gasped and grabbed his arm, "But Soobin! We're friends, you said thag we will play in the same team always even when we grow up." Yeonjun said reminding him his promise, Soobin laughs and pushed him awat, "Friends? Not anymore. I will show you and everyone that I'm greater that what you are."

Those were his last words before turning for a leave, leaving Yeonjun standing there in shock and surpise as the boy gripped on his varsity jacket in tears, he just lost a friend. And that day, he changed.

Yeonjun sighs, "....an old friend."

[🐈]
Double updateee becausee why nottt and I love you guyssss~