HeartBreak

Shay

The sound of complete silence made the room feel completely unbearable. No words were spoken, no gestures were made, he just simply sat in front of her and began cleaning up her wounds. 

Shay wanted to grab Jude by the head, violently shake him and ask what was wrong with him. The voice in Shay's head was going ballistic because the awkwardness between them made her feel too uncomfortable. 

But what angered her the most was that she felt her heart flutter like some teenage girl falling in love at first sight. She felt herself gag. Maybe he was abused as a child and that's why he doesn't know how to fucking read the atmosphere or know how to speak.

Jude was just dabbing a cotton bud of disinfectant on her leg while she took the time to get a good look at him. He was the complete opposite of her type. The only thing going for him was his face and body but even then she preferred cute playful boys who were fun to be around with. Jude had his shirt off and Shay noticed that he had some old scars around his body, most of them were claw marks. He must've been in a lot of fights. She shook her head in disapproval. 

Jude cleared his throat. 

She froze and looked up at him. She had subconsciously leaned closer towards him leaving her face only a few inches away from his chest. She stared at him for a second before sighing and leaning back onto her chair. He had finished wrapping up her leg with some bandages and got up to grab some medicine. He had yet to say anything. 

"So are you just gonna stay silent?" Shay said in a mocking tone as she crossed her arms. 

Jude stopped his movements for a second thinking about what to say. The silence again made Shay annoyed.

"How the hell did we end up becoming mates? This'll never work out." She mumbled to herself. 

Jude let out a sigh before grabbing a comb and some baby wipes to give to Shay. She refused to take them and simply stared at the boy. "What's this for?" 

"To fix yourself up..." 

"What?" 

"Your appearance." 

Shay touched her hair and then her face, confused as to what he was applying. Her hair was crazy but she knew she looked decent. 

"Do I look that bad?" 

"....Yes." 

Shay clicked her tongue and frowned. Her eyes were burning into Jude's face, but he remained expressionless. She reluctantly took the comb and wipes. Jude watched silently has she combed her blonde hair. 

"I bet you're a virgin, aren't you?" 

Jude didn't say a word. 

"I can tell that you've never had a girlfriend...or boyfriend, I don't judge." Shay clenched her teeth as she aggressively combed at a big knot in her hair. "You don't know how to speak or care for someone...Argg...Except..for Cain. Oh! I know, you have a crush on Cain, don't you." Shay pointed the comb at Jude, acting as though she had just discovered his biggest secret. "That's why you hate us and chase after Cain. Does he know how you feel about him? Or did I just make you discover your true fee-"

"Enough!" Jude slammed his hands on the table. Shay jumped from the sudden outburst but she wasn't afraid. She leaned back her chair again as she got through the final knot in her hair. 

"What? You don't know what a joke is? Damn you're boring." 

Looking away, Jude calmed his emotions down. Everything about Shay only got on his nerves. He admits that he didn't like her at first for many reasons including the fact that she's a rogue, but it's not like he wants to reject her, it'll only make everything worse.