Homecoming (Gina x E.J.)

Gina was unsure why she was going through with this homecoming plan with E.J. She couldn't even remember why she came up with the plan in the first place. Was it to make Nini quit the musical, or was it to make Ricky jealous. But jealous of what? it's not like she felt anything towards him, and she knew that he liked Nini. And maybe it was because she wanted E.J. to notice her instead of Nini. 

~At the dance~

Since Nini didn't show up, Gina convinced herself that getting E.J. to go to the dance with her was to make Ricky jealous. E.J only agreed to go along with the plan in hopes to get Ricky to stay away from Nini. Then it was time for the slow dance, and Ricky was already having a mediocre night.

"Ricky's alone, why don't you ask him to dance with you?"E.J. suggested to Gina.

Gina glanced over to Ricky, but she didn't want to dance with him, she wanted to dance with E.J.

"Actually, I have an idea," Gina said. "What if we dance together, then make Ricky want to cut in."

"Are you sure that will work?" E.J. asked.

Gina nodded her head, and led E.J. to the dance floor.

"You do know how to slow dance right?" Gina asked.

"Of course I do," E.J. replied, and they started to dance to the music.

Gina thought it was nice, and wanted the dance to last a while. E.J. thought it was nice, and looked like he was enjoying himself. However, when the dance was over, Gina was looking down at the ground. 

"What's wrong?" E.J. asked when the song was over. "Was it because Ricky didn't cut in like you intended to?"

"Yeah. Yeah that's it," Gina lied. "This-this wasn't a good idea. I'm sorry." And she ran out of the gym, leaving E.J. confused and alone.

E.J. decided to chase after her, and after a while of looking, he found Gina alone, sitting down my some lockers in the hallway, and he decided to sit on the floor with her.

"What's wrong?" E.J. asked coming up to her. "And don't say it's about Ricky, because I don't think it is."

Gina sighed and answered, "You're right, it's not about Ricky, and this whole situation is stupid."

"Why is it stupid?" E.J. said.

"Because, you like Nini, and I'm just a sophomore that's too young to have any interest in a senior," Gina confessed.

"Why would you have interest in me?" E.J. wondered. "You've seen how I hurt Nini, and she even took it out on you, kinda."

"Yeah, well, I guess I just do, and I'm sorry for not being clear on this very stupid plan," Gina said.

"Don't apologize," E.J. told Gina. "But if you really wanted to go to homecoming with me, you could've just asked."

"Are you trying to make me bad for tricking you?" Gina asked. "Because I know how much you want Nini back, otherwise you wouldn't have agreed to my plan."

"What if I agreed to go with your plan because I would be going to the dance with you?" E.J. suggested. "I know Nini doesn't want me back, so when you asked me, I said yes, because maybe I do kinda have feelings for you."

"So what do we do now?" Gina said.

"I don't know," E.J. replied. "What do you want to do?"

"Right now, I just want to stay here," Gina said. "It's quiet, and I don't have the energy to go back to the gym."

"Okay, then we'll stay here until you want to go back, or until the dance ends," E.J. said.

And they just sat in silence, as Gina rested her head on his shoulder. They didn't know what has become of their relationship, but that was a problem for another day. Right now, they just sat in comfortable silence, trying to sort out their feelings.