Everyone stared at me, for a solid five seconds, before they all started screaming again.
The person I had stayed with before being taken to this place was a little girl. Leah was her name.
It wasn't just "hi" that she taught me. She taught me to play Rock-Paper-Scissors, as it was the most "simple game she could think of" besides Flip the Coin. She also taught me abstract concepts. A few words where taught, but not enough to be grammatically correct, but enough so I could understand a lick of what people said.
"ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS IT IS, EVERYONE, PICK A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE TEAM AND CREATE A SPACE IN THE MIDST OF YOU!"
The crowd sorted themselves out, some mumbling at how ridiculous this was, into groups of hospital scrubs, lab coats and interviewers.
They parted like the Red Sea for Elonie and Timothy, and formed a clearing in the middle.
An older man in scrubs stepped up, he had graying brown hair, hazel eyes and wrinkles, but looked over all healthy and well slept. Guess you need to be when your a brain surgeon.
"Dr. Whitney, nice seeing you." Timothy said.
Dr. Whitney glanced at Timothys shoulder, "Healing well?" He asked.
"Getting along great, a little sore here and there." He replied.
Next was a young woman in a lab coat, she look cheery enough, and had rose gold dyed hair, which I thought was miraculous at the time, and wore pretty makeup. Her skin was lavish, pale and bright, no doubt she's been hit on everywhere she went, and overall looked like a model for the cover of a lingerie magazine for Victoria's Secret.
Elonie smiled at her, "You look wonderful, as always, Justine."
"Thank you, Elonie. You look ethereal, not a surprise.
Justine sauntered over to me, "You, on the other hand, are in absolute disarray. I can help fix that" she said with a wicked smirk.
I looked up at her, and tilted my head.
"He can't understand a word anyone says. Though, there are a select few words he knows." Elonie pointed out.
"Pretty... a ..Barbie. not Mary Sue. Barbie." I said, trying my hardest to remember what Leah had said to me about Barbie dolls. "See? Barbie's a very pretty lady! Very nice, though my sister says she's a Mary Sue, but barbies name isn't Mary Sue, it's Barbie."
Justine blinked at me several times before bursting into giggles, "Oh ho ho! I like him, he's too cute..!" She said, before wiping a tear from her eye and sauntering her way back over to Elonie to chat.
A young man, late twenties maybe, with a note pad rushed over to me, he had a dark green blazer on over a sky blue collard shirt, complete with a red tie and black slacks. He had black rimmed glasses that he kept on pushing up every time he looked down at his notepad, and a little beard stubble on his chin and upper lip. He looked Scottish Gaelic.
"Hello, my names Eddie Carrol, and I-
"Caroll?" I asked.
"No, it's Carrol, you see? Care-roll." He corrected with a patient tone.
"Eddai Carrol?" I corrected.
"No, like Eddie, E..d..d..i..e, say it with me,"
"E..d..d..i..e." We both said slowly.
"That's it, good job."
"Good job? Good job! Good job!" I screamed, waving my arms over my head.
Eddie clapped to, and began taking notes.
He looked back up at me, "Ok, Eddie go now." He said, and hurriedly left to see Justine and Dr. Whitney.
"ALRIGHT QUIET!" Elonie screamed above everyone else.
Silence.
Eddie, Dr.Whitney, and Justine stood in a circle, with Eddie and Justine looking at each other with childish competitiveness while Dr. Whitney rolled his eyes.
"Ok guys, on my mark, three, two, one, go!"
"Rock Paper Scissors shoot!"
Justine was out, rock beaten by two papers.
"Rock Paper Scissors-wait a minute, can someone get the kid out of the way?" Dr. Whitney asked.
"Let him play." Timothy sighed.
"Whatever you say." Dr.Whitney sighed.
"Rock Paper Scissors"
I watched the tendons move in Justines and Dr. Whitney's wrists.
"Sh-
Alright that's it...
"-oot!"
Whitney and Justine both had scissors.
And I had rock.
"Eriā!" I shouted. ("I won!" But that's only grammatically correct in English, but in Ilarkani, terms such as "I" don't matter, because the action has obviously happened to the speaker. So our little alien has simply said "Won!")
"Then I suppose the alien gets to decide who 'won'." Elonie said.
"E..d..d..i..e.....c..a..r..r..o..l." I said, clapping my hands. (At the time, I was just trying to remember Eddies full name. I didn't know I was picking the winner.)
Eddie ruffled up my hair as he passed me, "good job!" He said, and asked Elonie permission to take me to the "box room."
"Yes, he may go, I'll be coming as his translator." She said, taking my hand.
"Everyone, back to work! There's a never ending supply of it, you know!" She said to everyone else.
Some groaned and sighed, while other laughed and joked with friends as they walked back down different hallways.
The room, without all the people in it, was white and clean. The ceiling was fairly high, and the room seemed to be an intersection of hallways. It was big enough to hold about fifty people and thirty guards, with plenty of elbow room, so you could say it was pretty big. The big steel door in the center of one of the walls had a few signs around it, one of them saying "Authorized Personnel Only" in big black letters. I guess it was some sort of containment chamber for unruly guests, although I was the only one occupying a cell.
I was lead down one of the hallways, we made a couple turns, and the inside of the place reminded me of the interior of the Lockheed Martin in Ocala. Professional and employee friendly.
Eddie opened a wooden steel framed door and beckoned me in.
We where led down a row of box offices until we stopped at Eddie's, which was simple and homey, a rock poster here, a stress relief toy there, kids drawing signed "Tyler" and "Isabelle", he even had a small cactus in a pot on his desk, which I unconsciously poked and ended up pricking myself. Eddie sat behind his desk in a spinny rolly chair, leaned his elbows on his desk and looked down at me with assertive eyes.
Me and Elonie sat in the two cushioned chairs across from him.
"Alrighty then, I have a few questions..." Eddie began.
"ja, hare aen weim crisalai..." Elonie translated.
"What is your name?" Eddie asked, waving his hands at me.
"Reai seir oname?" Elonie translated.
I sat and twiddled my fingers, trying to think of what to say.
"Ei oname seir..." I began.
"My name is.." Elonie said.

Usukawa Fun Facts: the Usukawa people are highly intelligent, and very fast learners. Their ability to change forms at will has also made them somewhat manipulative, but aside from the strange appearance and shape shifting abilities, they're just like humans.
Having your eyebrows shaved in half is a Usukawa beauty standard and is considered elegant, especially when you have hereditary lines under your eyes to match, just like Elonie.
They're are different species of Usukawa, as there are different species of human.
Some are amphibious, some live out in desserts, and some live in freezing temperatures. Though they are highly temperature sensitive, they have amazing adaptive abilities, and if slowly exposed to something for a long period of time, they adapt to anything from pressure, drastic temperature, and even air change. There's a legend on their home planet, that there's an underwater tribe of a water breathing species, that thrive in coral reefs and bury themselves in sand.

\(;▽;)>🌱𝕎 𝕆 𝕄🌱<(;▽;)/