"...it was brought here two days ago by chopper.....what? No, it didn't ride in the chopper, it was hung up in nets and carried here..." echoed a voice throughout the empty corridor.
Lining the walls where rows and rows of plexiglass, and behind each semi-blurry, bulletproof
surface, was a room, where the grey paint was chipping-or clawed-off the brick and the cold white tile was cracked in certain places that looked suspiciously like stomping imprints.
All where empty, except one.
  Mine.
"Be carful though, it was found ravaging a Waffle House in a nearby town. Set it ablaze and now all that exists of the property is rubble and a whole lot of ashes." A mans voice stated humorously, with a worried undertone.
Footsteps sounded closer, until two humans stood in front of my cell, one in tactical gear, the man, whose name tag read "Timothy".
He looked friendly, the kind of person who'd enter a room cracking jokes.
The other was different. She wore a simple white dress, the sleeves stopped at her elbows and the skirt stopped below her knees. Her skin was light grey, darker tones showed that she worked out. Her hair was light ashen brown with messy, choppy bangs that hung at her eyebrows.
Sea foam green eyes peered at me.
She also had thirteen inch long, pointed ears, similar to mine, slightly drooped at the end that stuck out the sides of her head, and antennae that ended is temperature sensory beads. Her eyebrows had shaved lines in the middle, and below her eyes, aligned with the shaved parts, where black lines that ran down to the middle of her cheeks, a beauty standard on our home planet.
She had an pretty human form.
But definitely not human. Her face was a tad too wide, and her eyes a bit too big to be human, even without her other features.
She was a mimic, and not too good at it. Or just didn't care enough to master a human form.
"Let them out." She instructed.
"What? No, the subjects hostile, we-
"Open it. Now." She commanded.
He hesitated, then silently abided, and slipped his key card into the card scanner. Following this was a series of metallic clicks and clunks.
The door jolted forwards, and slid open with a ksshhh...
I jumped up, my body locked into a defensive martial arts posture.
The lady raised a shaved eyebrow.
"Yes, that's definitely an Usakawa. A male child, somewhere between seven and eight." She confirmed.
I flexed my talons, flared my nostrils, made a low, short growl. Our second language consisted of purrs, growls, snarls, clicks and ticks. Underwater communication used in dolphins. It was a secret code developed by Nimiren, a famous general and technician during the Great Collapse, and hardly a handful of humans can understand it
She clicked in response.
We exchanged a series of clicks, purrs and ticks for a few minutes.
I gingerly stepped forwards, tail flickering and talons flexing nervously.
She stood silently, totally calm. She had a warm, homey feeling about her.
I looked up at her, tilted my head, and squawked.
   She leaned down at pressed her forehead against mine, a way of greeting, at home.
It made me feel happy and nostalgic, to see a member of my own species again. I leaned away, and took a step towards the guard, a little too eagerly.
This set him off, he flinched backwards, and put his hand on his gun at his side. Elonie sternly told him to stay still, and he reluctantly did as he was told.
I extended my arm, touched his hand, and purred as close to a cat as I could. He relaxed, a slow grin spreading across his face, "Wow... that's...weird." he breathed, "Good weird."
I felt an odd tingling sensation on my hand where I touched him, and a small wave of dizziness overcame me.
I barked in a dolphin-like way at Elonie.
She smiled, and clicked in response, squeezed my hand a little, and let go.
I tromped back into my cell, and laid down on the dog bed, fell into a hibernation-like state, and held a mental image of the human I would transform into.

Usukawa: the workings of the body
   The Usukawa are the closest things humans have discovered to a shapeshifter. They have the ability to reconstruct and readjust their bones, and could take on nearly any shape. With a special "Genetic Storage Unit" inside their brains, all they have to do is touch another being to copy its genetic information into the "Storage Unit". It comes naturally to some, and with others it takes practice, but when it's their first time, the process of transformation will take a maximum of a week depending on skill. The more you've practiced the same structure, the easier it would become each time. But the thing that ties this all together is two liquids found in their home world, "Ahati and Itaha". Ahati is, in a nutshell, and liquid that makes their bones pliable, with a nutrient within that adds body mass, which they can deploy throughout the body at will, creating extra shapes, extra muscles, and extra bones. Itaha is a slightly corrosive acid that they drink to get rid of body mass and extra bones, and allows them to properly return to their original forms.

Hey how about a word to end every chapter with? Liiiiike....

\(;▽;)>🌱𝕎 𝕆 𝕄🌱<(;▽;)/