two.

"People want to be black so bad, so everyday I wake up feeling exclusive!"

|two|

Despite it being the beginning of November, the Atlanta sun was out, with a light breeze. The busy streets could be heard from Sade's flat on the 3rd floor of the complex, something she loved and despised at time. The noise gave her comfort when the silence of living alone was uncomfortable, but when sleep fell upon her, it would become too much.

Sade decided on a pair of mustard colored leggings and a cream turtle neck crop top. After ruling out putting on heels for the day, she fished her knee-length black leather boots out of her closet and put them on. Placing all of her necessary items into her black over sized Zara bag, she grabbed her keys, one of her "Pope Coats" as she calls them in reference to Olivia Pope, and headed out the door.

Mentally going through her to-do list for today, she decided on stopping by her parents house first, knowing they'd be up at ten o'clock in the morning. The chirping of her deactivating her car alarm sounded in the parking garage. Sade slid into her vehicle, pushing her BMW M-5 to life.

~

Sade grabbed her purse out of the passenger seat and exited her car. The ringing of her phone stopped her mid stride to her parents door. Looking at the screen reading the caller ID, she swiped her thumb across the screen, answering it.

"Wassup ma-ma?" Sade answered as she stood on her parents porch.

"Hey, you coming by the shop today?" Layla questioned. "Vonna said she could take us around twelve today and I don't know about you but I need my wig split."

Sade laughed at her friend while placing her key into the door. "Yeah I can. I'm at my parents right now but I'll head over there when I leave from here."

"That's fine. They alright?" Sade nodded her head as if Layla could see her, "Yeah, they're fine. You know I just like to check up on them since my daddy had that hip surgery. And I know Lauren haven't been over here."

"I'm sure that heffa hasn't." The attitude evident in Layla's voice. Sade didn't say anything as she walked into her family home. It was no secret that Layla wasn't a fan of Lauren and that wasn't a surprise, many weren't.

Lauren Knight, who was a senior at Spelman, was the eldest child of Shontay and Jon Knight and Sade's older sister. Despite being only three years apart, the two weren't a close pair. While Sade was the more humble one of the siblings, Lauren loved to be flashy and over the top. Seeing as though their parents were well off in life with careers as attorneys, both now retired, the girls didn't want for anything. And Lauren made it a fact to show off to the anyone she thought was beneath her that money wasn't an issue for her. Despite going to a prestigious school like Spelman, graduating was the last thing on Lauren's mind. She went solely for the purpose of getting her M R S, with a minor in gold digging. Marring rich was on top of her life goals and she just prayed that she'd snatch up a baller or one of Morehouse's elite gentlemen.

"Lay, let me call you back. I'll see you when I get to the salon." Saying their goodbyes, they ended the phone conversation.

Sade walked through the foyer and into the living room where she could hear an episode of A Different World playing. Entering finding her father stretched out on the couch, laughing at something Whitley said.

"Pop, I know you know that moms don't like nobody laid out on the couch. Watch she come in here fussing," Jon looked behind him over the couch and smiled at his youngest daughter. Placing he purse on the end table, Sade went and snuggled up under her father.