lia breathed heavily, thick and foggy air spewing out from her mouth as she fished her cold hands inside the pocket of her shorts. she realized how cold the air is today and which made her even feel more worried about her mom staying out on this cold night.

"mom?" lia spoke, glancing around her free spaces looking for a sign of her mother. she took a few more steps outside to take a clear and wide vision around her. "mom? where are you?" she asked once again and heard a few whispers and mumbles behind their garage. she noticed it and thought that maybe they are only the young teens roaming around this late at night behind their backyard, not until when she heard a familiar name being mentioned.

"what happened, jinsung? why did you call me today?"

lia heard her mom's voice. she was sure it was her mom because of the raspy and shaky voice it gives, so she walked closer to the area where she heard her mom talking and whispering. while getting even more closer, her heart starts to beat faster and she starts to feel more nervous. she knew something isn't right.

"hellooo, chonhee is this you? aahh, i missed you so much that is why i called you today. really, um, you know what i think i've been failing a lot these days. mihyun and i aren't really in good terms now, she isn't talking to me recently and it just hurts me badly."

lia's eyes widened as soon as she heard the voice on the other call, it's her dad. upon listening to the breathy voice, it seems like he is drunk again. she leaned even more closer and listened to their conversation.

"what do you mean?"

"yahh, mihyun just keeps on shouting at me, especially when i go home from work, telling me that i should stop drinking and all; i mean, what's wrong with it anyway? hahahaha. chonhee, i feel like this has been my karma now for leaving you and lia behind back then. i always realized how i felt lonely and incomplete whenever i don't see the two of you. chonhee, i'm sorry for everything. i'm so sorry for hurting and leaving you in the past. i always knew that mihyun couldn't refill the gaps in my heart, but only you. chonhee, please forgive me.. i still love you.. i miss you and lia so much, and i couldn't go off a day without seeing the two of you smile..."

lia stopped from her position, hearing the message her dad delivers across the call. her heart suddenly just felt heavy, and so is her feelings and thoughts too. the unanswered questions inside her mind started to run and increase again. lia's dove-like eyes soon started to be filled with tears streaming down across her face. she covered her mouth keeping herself not to make any noise or to disturb her mom. she closed her eyes tightly as she cried in silence. lia heard her mom sniffing and making soft weeps, which even made her heart feel even more heavier than before. lia doesn't know what caused her to feel bad and heavy, whether if it is her mom crying again because of her dad or her dad asking for sudden forgiveness from her mom.

she turned around and hurriedly walked away from the scene and ran inside the house while still covering her mouth; her eyes still flowing with tears.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

"just shut up, yuna." ryujin said while flicking yuna's forehead. yuna just kept on mumbling and whining inside as if she owned the house, her loud whines and wails filling up the corners of the kitchen. "alright, eat everything you want. i'm full now anyway."

"yah! i didn't even beg for your food, but this is even more better so thanks jinnie." yuna said while side-smiling at her friend and quickly took out the few foods placed on ryujin's plate.

"where's lia?" yeji asked all of a sudden. ryujin saw lia walking out from the door earlier and maybe she just looked for her mom outside.

"i saw her go out earlier," ryujin answered while tapping her fingers on the table. "because chaeryoung asked for double ice cubs, lia went out to ask her mom." she said, looking over at chaeryoung who still haven't drank on her cup, her face who is obviously getting concerned about asking ice cubes for lia.