"You were attacked by him and his Gargoyles," Jughead supplied almost excitedly, arching an eyebrow, "Did he give any reason why?"

Betty opened her mouth to scold him, however before she could say anything, another voice angrily interrupted.

"This isn't a game, Jones," Sweet Pea said harshly, his dark eyebrows furrowing in indignation, "This is real life, Becca's life. The least you could do is shut up about the stupid Gargoyle King for once!"

Silence followed his outburst as everyone, including Becca, gaped at him in surprise. His chest was still heaving with barely contained rage, but when he realized everyone was staring at him, he blinked a couple times and grew quiet.

The dark-haired girl studied him for a moment, her features twisting in confusion. Yeah, Jughead should've kept his mouth shut, but...Sweet Pea didn't have to defend her like that.

The tall Serpent crossed his arms and instead of saying anything else, stalked off towards the other end of the Mantle's lawn.

"We'll keep an eye on him," Toni finally spoke up, shooting Becca a small smile.

With that, Toni, Cheryl and Fangs left in the direction of Sweet Pea. Kevin came up beside her, tentatively giving her trembling hands a small squeeze.

"Thanks Kev," She murmured half-heartedly, giving him a thin smile.

"Becca, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-" Jughead's apology was cut short as she waved a hand at him.

"It's fine Jughead, don't worry about it," The dark-haired girl heaved a sigh, rubbing at her face, "I'll tell you guys everything later, just..."

Becca trailed off, swallowing thickly and growing quiet. She pulled the coarse blanket closer, not meeting anyone's eyes.

Betty, Jughead and Kevin exchanged glances amongst themselves.

"Why don't you guys give her some space?" Reggie suggested quietly and the trio nodded in agreement.

"We're here if you need us, Becca," Kevin reassured her, giving her hand one last squeeze before the three of them left to go talk to Sheriff Minetta.

The two Mantle siblings sat in silence while chaos continued to surge around them. The Riverdale police department was still talking with her parents, while reporters tried to get interviews from someone. By now, at least, some people had dispersed from their front lawn, the excitement having been worn down.

Reggie was the first to speak.

"Becca, I-"

"It's fine, Reg," She said quietly, already knowing what he was going to say.

He stopped, swallowing thickly and looking down at the ground for a moment. Tears welled up in Becca's eyes, but she fought at them again, hastily swiping at her orbs. Her brother noticed this, but instead of commenting, he surprised her and simply pulled her into a hug. She stood motionless for a moment, before her arms wrapped around his neck and she buried her face into his shoulder.

They sat there like that for a long time.

---

"Becca."

Her mother's soft voice interrupted the dark-haired girl's thoughts as she sat at her vanity later that night. The room still felt...off, even after the police had collected evidence and put everything back into place. But she couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched somehow, even though her father personally had Sheriff Minetta and a couple of officers stay outside their house for the rest of the night.