𝟷𝟷| 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐌𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Sid, we're gonna get you out of here, okay?" Tatum marched up to the girl, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"I don't think so," Sidney sniffed, blinking the tears from her eyes.

"What happened at your place, Sid? What made you think it was Billy?" You questioned after walking over to the two girls. You were stuck on the fence and needed answers.

Sidney was still trembling as she sat up, and Tatum continued to hold her close.

"I got a call from someone... he said that he could see me." She shakily began. You could almost hear the exact voice, especially with it being so fresh in your brain. "When I ran upstairs, Billy– he came through my window and a cellular phone fell from his pocket. It couldn't have been a coincidence."

You instantly moved to wrap your arms around your friend after hearing how broken she sounded. If she said it was true, you were going to believe her. "Sid, I'm so sorry." You muttered.

"Hey, Dewey, can we go now?" Tatum turned to her brother, becoming impatient.

"Hold on a second." He waved her off as he continued to speak with Deputy Burke.

"Goddamn it, Dewey!" Tatum snapped. "We're ready to go now, okay?"

"Take 'em out the back way, avoid the circus out front." Deputy Burke said. He was right, you had to squeeze through the crowds of reporters and cameramen to get in here.

Dewey and Tatum bickered as they bustled out the door while you locked arms with Sidney and followed close behind.

"Stay here and don't move," Dewey ordered as he led the group outside before leaving to grab his car.

"There she is! Sidney!" Gale shouted from behind the building's corner, startling the three of you. The news reporter hastily ran over, her heels clicking against the pavement loudly as she had a single cameraman follow her. "Hi, that's some night. What happened? Are you alright?"

She held her microphone up to Sidney's face only for Tatum to knock it back while you moved to block her way, "She's not answering any of your questions." You said.

"Just leave us alone," Tatum demanded.

"No, it's okay. She's just doing her job." Sidney gently moved you back as she stepped forward with an insincere smile. "Right, Gale?"

"Yes, that's right." Gale nodded.

"So, how's the book?" You could tell it hurt to ask through Sidney's woeful expression.

"Well, it'll be out later this year." Gale's smile never faltered as she knew the intent behind Sid's question.

"Oh? I'll look for it." Sidney spoke through gritted teeth before turning to leave.

"I'll send you a copy."

Your eyes turned into saucers as Sidney whipped back around, and punched the news reporter square in the jaw. You let out a startled laugh as Gale fell back against her cameraman, holding her face in pain.

Dewey returned before Sidney could get into too much trouble, and led the three of you into his cop car. The whole way to Tatum's, you couldn't stop smiling as you replayed the punch in your head over and over. That was enough to make your whole day.

"Do you really think Billy did it?" You heard Tatum ask Sidney while you were in the bathroom brushing your teeth.

"He was there, Tatum." Sid's voice was solemn and slightly muffled by the pillow she rested on.

"He was destined to have a flaw. I knew he was too perfect." Tatum remarked. You wanted to laugh, but the reality of the situation wasn't funny. At all.

There was a sudden knock on Tatum's bedroom door before Mrs. Riley waltzed in. "Telephone, honey. It's for Sid." She announced.

"Is it my dad?" Sidney rolled over, a glimmer of hope sparking in her eyes.

"I don't think so." Mrs. Riley sighed.

Just as you exited the bathroom, Sidney reluctantly got up to answer the phone. You hopped on the bed with Tatum as she was curled up with her stuffed bunny, waiting for Sidney to come back.

"How're you doing, Y/n? I can't imagine what you and your parents must be going through." Mrs. Riley said, showing her condolences for the loss of your brother.

"I'm pushing through," You gave a half-hearted smile, not wanting her to worry.

"No!"

You and Tatum both jumped out of bed after hearing Sidney's distressed cry. As you ran out into the hall, her expression was one of torment as she spoke to the caller.

"Leave me alone!" She shouted as Tatum held onto her arm, struggling to decipher what the caller was saying.

"Hang up, Sid." Tate whispered to her while Mrs. Riley called for Dewey.

"Give it to me." You spoke quietly as Sid brushed a hand through her hair. With tears in her eyes, she gave you the phone and rushed back into Tatum's bedroom with the blonde chasing after her.

"I don't understand why you're doing this." You muttered into the phone, sneaking a glance back at Mrs. Riley as she waited for Dewey outside his bedroom door.

"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝... 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲." The caller said in a teasing tone.

"I already played your game, asshole." Your jaw clenched as you bit back more insults you wished you could spew. "What do you want?"

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡, 𝐝𝐨𝐥𝐥."

"Fuck you." You spat, slamming the phone on its hook.

You stormed back into Tatum's bedroom just as Dewey ran out of his, looking dazed and confused while holding his gun.

The three of you were anxious and scared to sleep after Sidney had received that call. Billy was the only thing on your mind. If he's being held by the police that means he wasn't the one who made the call. He can't be the killer then.