Smack!

 He slapped Feng Liu, loud and clear.

 “You hit me — how could you hit me? Dad, I’m your daughter, not her!” Feng Liu screamed aggrievedly.

 Feng Wu felt sorry for Feng Liu.

 The poor kid still didn’t understand: to Feng Yanfeng, familial love was pointless. All he cared about was who could be useful for his future career.

 And his kindness was reserved for the useful people only.

 Now that Feng Wu was about to become a member of Northern Feng Mansion, Feng Yanfeng would never let anything happen to her.

 Feng Wu sighed inwardly.

 That godmother was very worthwhile.

 It had only been a couple of months since they got back from Northern Border City. Back then, she had still been too weak to protect her family and Lady Wang had held all the advantages. That woman had looked down upon them.

 However, a couple of months later —

Chapter 696: That Lady of Cining Palace

Translator: Henyee Translations  Editor: Henyee Translations

Filled with hatred, Lady Wang gritted her teeth so hard that she almost broke them, but that was all that she could do.

Feng Yanfeng stared at Lady Wang. “What have you been teaching her? It’s all your fault that Feng Liu is like this!”

 Lady Wang stared at Feng Yanfeng in disbelief!

 Damn you, Feng Yanfeng. What happened to calling her his perfect wife? It was as if Feng Liu was her responsibility alone!

Feng Yanfeng said coldly, “Feng Liu, since you failed the exam, you’re grounded. You’re not going anywhere for the next three months!”

He turned to Lady Wang after yelling at Feng Liu. “You’ve been such a negligent mother! Go back now and reflect on yourself!”

 Lady Wang was rendered speechless. She wanted to lash out, but had to show enough respect to her husband in front of others. She had no choice but to obey his order.

 “And —” Feng Yanfeng added in an indifferent tone, “Be polite to Xiao Wu from now on. She’s the most respected figure in this clan.”

 Lady Wang fell silent.

 “You better not let me see you pick on Xiao Wu again. Hmph!” Feng Yanfeng flicked his sleeves in annoyance.

 Lady Wang gritted her teeth.

 Face twisted, she threw Feng Wu a dirty look before storming off.

 After Lady Wang and Feng Liu were gone, Feng Yanfeng said to Feng Wu in an affected, caring voice, “Xiao Wu, don’t hesitate to go to your aunt if you need anything. Come to me if she gives you trouble again. Alright?”

 Feng Wu found Feng Yanfeng’s sycophantic manner despicable, but she smiled at him nonetheless. “Of course, Uncle.”

 “Good. Hahaha, good girl.” Feng Yanfeng left, satisfied with Feng Wu’s response.

 Granny Zhao shut the front gate after all the outsiders were gone.

 “Hahahaha —” Chaoge was the first to burst out laughing. “Xiao Wu, did you see the look on your uncle’s and aunt’s faces? I think their faces turned green! Hahaha —”