Chapter 5-the line

Start from the beginning

The sound of the front door opening took him out of his train of thought. He picked up that this was a new person, one he hasn't met yet.

Elliott made his way out of the gym, once he made it he saw a dark skin man wearing what looked to be some blue shirt with a tie, he had a few metals on the shirt as well. "Where is he?"

"He doesn't want to be disturbed"

"He's downstairs" Natalie and pepper had two completely different responses.

The man noticed Elliott. "I don't think we've met, you are?"

"Elliott Miller, sir"

"James Rupert Rhodes" the man walk up to Elliott and shook his hand.

"You're the man tony talked about, the Colonel" Elliott pointed to him.

"And your the wolf" as soon as Rhodes said this Elliott's face went white as a sheet of paper.

"How did you know?" Elliott asked nervously.

"It was all over the news, the first inhuman" Elliott turned to to large TV and saw it clear as day, him shifting in the car. "Damnit"

"The government has said a few things about you, but don't worry, I got your back" after this Rhodes left downstairs to see tony is what Elliott guessed.

"Hay, Mr, stark wanted you to to know that there will be a birthday party tonight for him, and he wants you to look presentable" Natalie grinned.

Elliott raised an eyebrow. "So does that mean I gotta wear a suit"

"Yeah" she laughed at his disappointment.

Elliott rolled his eyes at her, leaving up stairs.

He took a hot shower, wincing as the warm water hit his cuts. After his shower he put on the suit that tony got him for the expo.

He decided to check on tony, this may be the last time he gets to celebrate his birthday.

When he got downstairs to his room, he saw Natalie leaving the room, she stopped right next to Elliott. "Meet me at the bar when you finish talking to him" she whispered.

"Got it" Elliott whispered back before they both left.

"Stark?" Tony was sitting in one of his chairs looking lost in thought.

"Hay kid" tony looked up at him.

"You okay?" Elliott said softly.

Tony nodded. "Yeah" he said very unconvincingly.

"You know, it may be your final day, don't waste it" Elliott said carefully.

Tony smiled. "Thanks kid, and also I appreciate you helping me out with Ivan, you didn't need to but I really appreciate it"

"No problem, you guys are kinda the closest thing I've ever had to family"

"That's nice to hear"

Elliott sighed. "Well Natalie told me to meet her at the bar so, ima go" he pointed to the exit of his room.

Tony chuckled. "Go have fun kid"

Elliott smiled and left the room, he saw about 20 people already showed up.

Elliott made his was to the bar, Natalie was standing close by with a drink in her hands.

"Hay"

"Hi" she handed him a shot of vodka.

"Oh no, I can't do this, I tried it before and almost died" Elliott over exaggerated causing Natalie to laugh.

"Your weak, this is nothing" she grabbed the shot and took it without a second thought.