He nudged at Tom's arm with his shoulder, effectively getting his attention. "Are you okay?"

"What does he want?" He muttered.

Harry shrugged. "Who knows? We'll find out when we get there. How about, afterwards, we go back to your room and hang out?"

That seemed to brighten Tom's mood, as his shoulders sagged slightly. "That sounds lovely," he said. "But for now I need to focus on not committing manslaughter."

"You don't even know what this is going to be about," Harry said, eyebrow raised. "This could just be Dumbledore congratulating us on being together."

Tom didn't say anything back, and it was obvious by the still murderous look that darkened his face that he didn't believe a word Harry had just said.

'Oh well', Harry thought to himself, 'I tried. This should be an interesting chat.'

It didn't take long before they were in front of the entrance to the office. "Skittles." Harry said, and watched as the bronze phoenix statue in the doorway rose up, revealing curled stairs twirling upward.

"After you," Tom said.

As a joke, Harry winked before turning towards the staircase. "Ever the gentleman. If you wanted to look at my ass, you could have just told me."

Harry could practically see Tom roll his eyes from behind him, but he still felt eyes on him as he walked up the stairs.

"My boys," Dumbledore said as they emerged from the stairwell. "Come and sit down."

"Hey, Professor." Harry greeted before sitting on a sofa that had obviously just been recently been transfigured from something else.

Tom merely nodded his head in greeting to the Headmaster before he sat down without an inch between him and Harry.

"Well, I'd imagine you're both wondering why I summoned Harry. I'd like to congratulate the both of you on sorting through your feelings."

Harry nudged Tom in the ribs.

"Yet I'd also like to make sure that you both are aware of what this relationship entails."

Tom nudged Harry in the ribs.

"Tom told me about his creature inheritance, if that's what you're talking about, and he's explained it very well." Harry said, before Tom could say anything. "I've done my research."

Dumbledore nodded. "That's good," he said, "most people have a skewed vision of what a demon inheritance is before they understand what it actually means. I'm pleased that you're not one of those few."

Harry shrugged. "Yeah. But why is this important?"

Dumbledore paused and strolled over to his desk, toying with an astrolabe. "When you were doing your research, did you come across anything about how often a demon's mate is a creature?"

"I fail to see how this is important," Tom cut off, "why is this important?"

"It just said there were no conclusive results on how likely the mate is to be a creature," Harry said, ignoring Tom, only giving his hand a squeeze. "Why?"

"I have a suspicion you may be a creature."

Harry frowned. "Uh, no offence, but my birthday's in about three months, it'd be near impossible to figure that out this early."