The Party | Chpt 7

Start from the beginning

"Where did you get this? This doesn't seem like a you kind of dress," she said. She was right in the fact and I recognized that Nemuri had gotten that dress for me.

"Oh...Midnight for my birthday last year," I said, idly chewing on my thumbnail.

"And this?"

"That was Mic...he wanted us to match," I said, looking at the leather jacket she was holding up. She shoved them in my direction, tugging out the drawer with all my shoes. She held up a pair of black boots and I took them.

"I think that'll be good!" she said and I nodded, slipping from the room and to the bathroom. It was a more casual dress, but I typically didn't wear any. I had my fair share of loose black dresses that I wore when I needed to look a little nicer and I had worn a few more colorful, dressy type for hero galas I was forced to. This was almost like a soft t-shirt and had thicker tank top straps. It was a light gray and stretched to contour to my body. I frowned, slipping it over my head. It rested as a swoop neck and loosely fit to my body. I pulled on the jacket and the boots. I thought I looked alright, but a little awkward standing there. When I returned she looked excited. "Yay! That's so cute!"

"Oh, thanks," I replied.

"Here, sit," she said. I ran my hands down the backs of my legs as I sat myself in my desk chair, making sure the bottom half of my dress wasn't exposing anything. There was a small chance it would, I was just paranoid. "Where's your hairbrush and stuff?" She was looking around the room as I pointed towards the little bin with barrettes and hair ties. She brushed out my hair for me, tugging it up into a ponytail. I peered at the mirror to the side of us to see what she was doing, seeing her wrapping a piece of hair around the ponytail to hide the hair tie. She swiveled me suddenly, ruffling up the front pieces of my hair before brushing and setting them to frame my face. "There! Now I can see your eyes."

"Could you really not see them?" I asked, watching her peer and slightly shift a piece of hair.

"Nah, I'm kidding. I can just see them better now," she said. I gazed at myself in the mirror, a gentle curve in my lips. "Oh! Here." She snatched lip gloss from my desk, handing it to me. She tugged out her phone, looking at it and smirking.

"Hah oh my God, Ryou's going to wear a sweater over his dress shirt. He is a disaster," Hanako sighed. "That dude."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Not you too!" she said, flopping back on my bed. I let out a soft exhaling laugh as there was a knock as the door opened.

"I take pretzels will be fine," my father said, holding a bright blue snack bowl. He looked to me, slightly taken aback by the sudden change. "Ah you look very nice."

"Thanks," I said, smiling at him and he nodded, excusing himself. I looked to Hanako eating a pretzel with a smug look on her face.

"What?"

"He's not used to you having people over is he?" Hana asked and I shook my head.

"You'd be correct," I replied. Hana's phone buzzed again as did I, meaning Ryou had texted the groupchat.

"Oh my All Might, he's such a dork," Hanako said, shaking her head. "I need to take him shopping his clothes are atrocious." I looked at the groupchat and my hand flew up to my mouth. She was quite right in this case, even I disliked the shirt he had sent a picture of.

"Oh my..."

"Exactly, he's such a whole mess," she said, rapidly typing.

Hanako: you look like you host a kids game show. i hate that you own a bowtie, let alone a plaid one. burn it.
Ryou: I like it!
Hanako: i hate it.