Ch. 16 | Even God Has a Hell

To silence all the voices in my head
I'd have to forget every word you said
I've been at war with myself from the start
Prayed for light and I was only given dark
Blocking the pain from my chest
But some days are hard to forget
Looking for reasons and failing
now I won't wait
I know my head is such a dangerous place
Get me outta here, I know too much
Won't be long before I've lost your touch
So much hate for things I can't control
My apathy, it starts to take it's toll
Wishing that I knew how
To calm these nerves but they're only staying loud I fear the worst
I fear that someday
I'll have to forget your face
But how can I when it's all I see?
Nowhere to turn
What I touch breaks
Lost in all the give and take
Another hit should numb my pain

Like Moths to Flames - Even God Has a Hell

**********

The guards come at you from every angle, making it extremely hard to concentrate on one enemy at a time. All of your focus is on blocking each blow as their deadly weapons hum towards you. Once close enough, you realize their weapons are enhanced with some sort of electrical current, making them even deadlier than you originally thought. You can practically feel the electricity in your teeth and on your skin each time one comes a bit too close to you.

While blocking an attack from the left, a guard in front of you raises their double sided ax above his head and brings it down towards you in an arc, too quick for you to block. Ben reaches over you and impales the guard through the helmet with his lightsaber when it's within an inch of your head. You make a mental note to ask him why he has a fixation with impaling people in the head if the two of you make it out of your current situation alive.

Ben actually laughs at the thought as he turns his attention back to the guards in front of him. You lift your leg and kick the guard to your left as hard as you can, using the Force to increase the strength of it, you launch the guard across the room. You turn to your right as a guard lunges at you with an electrified spear, which you block at the last minute. The impact of your weapons clashing sends painful vibrations up your arms and forces you backwards.

If Ben wasn't standing directly behind you, you would have definitely fallen backwards onto the ground. His hand shoots out and grabs your waist from behind as he continues defending himself from the guards in front of him. You can hear his lightsaber spitting and crackling behind you as well his grunts of effort. Using him as leverage, you push yourself off of his back and lunge at the guard holding the spear. He falters and takes a step back, having not expected you to bounce back so quickly. Ben forces the guards away from him which puts the two of you at opposite sides of the room. You do your best to focus on the threat in front of you and at your sides and not on how Ben is fairing. The smallest distraction could get both of you killed.

A guard armed with a fairly harmless looking staff tries to knock your feet out from under you but you manage to hop over it in time to miss the blow while also blocking the attack from a guard trying to sneak up from behind you. When the guard armed with the staff quickly gets to his feet and brings the staff down on you, you block it once again, only this time when he retracts his staff it comes apart and turns into two shorter staffs, one for each of his hands.

You twirl your saber in your hand and aim it behind you while shuffling backwards, stabbing the guard approaching you from behind directly in the chest and turning your attention directly on the staff wielding guard. Using the Force, you send one of the guards flying backwards while blocking the blows of the one in front of you. Ben's excitement and his hunger at the fact that he is finally free to confront his tormentors without fear of repercussions is seeping through the bond.