Alarm Battles, Lockers And The Plastics

Chapter 1: Alarm Battles, Lockers and The Plastics.

"By Instense you mean The Anti-Christ in Prada then yeah she's definitely intense." Bella Wilde

[Diana's POV] 

Buzz Buzz Buzz!! 

I slammed my hand on top of the stupid alarm.

"This is it" I thought. The beginning of what i call "The Battle Of The Alarm Clock", for the next 270 days of school year. I'm going to fight that evil electronic device. You see i'm not a morning person. I either wake up willingly or I don't wake up at all. 

I look around my new room, the sunlight illuminating it threw the curtains. Today was my first day as a high school student. I was home schooled up until now. I was so nervous and the fact that I am the only 16 year old senior made me even more petrified.

I'm a smart kid. Skipped a couple grades. 

 I watched Mean Girls last night It did not help. I was never the social type. I either shut down completely or I start having word vomit attacks. The only friend I've ever had was my cat Snowball and he ran away. As you can already tell I'm a class A loser. 

I hear my mother's heels getting closer to my room and I sink under the covers. I really don't wanna wake up.

"Diana! Wake up already you're gonna be late for school!" My Step-mother Meredith says. I'll just ignore her she'll go away.

Sadly my mother chose to pull of the covers off of me instead.

"Why are you still in bed Diana? . I know you're not sleeping!"  Meredith says with an annoyed tone.

"You're right I'm not sleeping. I'm playing that game where the floor is made of lava, so I obviously can't get out of my bed or I'll die." I reply smiling sweetly at her.

She just started tapping her foot on the wooden floor while giving me the "you better do as I say or els.." look.

"Fine i'll be down in a minute." I sigh. She just smiles tiumphly and walks away. I crawl out of bed and make my way to the bathroom. 

Ever since she married my dad 5 years ago, she's been trying to play Mommy with me. I don't like her because I know she's only doing that to get on my father's good side and by good side I mean his Bank Account.

I step into the shower and turn it on. I love taking shower I've always hated baths. You're just sitting  there with your own dirt for minutes. Showers on the other hand make me feel relaxed

After finishing my shower I dry my hair letting it fall perfectly on my shoulders and make my way to my closet. I decided on wearing my ballerina black skirt, Kurt Cobain T-shirt and a pair of Combat boots. I grabbed my backpack , my plaid flannel and  made my way downstairs.

"Good morning sweetheart." My father said still staring at his newspaper. My dad is your typical corporate man. He's greedy, strict and never satisfied. I could be the best at everything but somehow he's never approved of me. He always makes sure to point out my flaws. I remember one time when I  landed 2nd in a Spelling Bee when I was 12, he didn't even congratulate. He said and I quote.

" What do you want Diana? A standing ovation? Let me tell you something. You won't get anywhere in life being 2nd because second place is for losers. If you want to be at the top you gotta work hard. You don't work enough and even if you did Enough Is Never Enough"