Announcement

Dryya had given you a hug and Hollow and you had a conversation, catching you up on everything you missed. Pale had a small wardrobe change and now wore oversized robes. Like, really oversized. It was honestly kinda cute. You covered yourself in a blanket because the cloak you used to wear didn't exactly fit properly now. You really shouldn't be embarrassed, you seriously are just dead up void. But some small instincts never leave, you guessed.

Nothing much happened besides that. When you and Hollow fell asleep things got quieter than usual. Even though you really only had been around for a month or so, maybe even less, it felt strange to not have the two kids around, according to Pale. Idle chatter filled the room until a nurse came over and scolded your father about not keeping the crack, which still hadn't gone away, covered. They then made a fuss about it and he agreed to just let them cover his eye with a cloth if they went away.

Dryya looked at Pale hopefully and asked "Can I please please please please PLEASE teach them how to dropkick people properly? PLEASE?!" Pale facepalmed and replied "No, absolutely not. Rift already is too good at it, she kicked me after I cornered her in the Abyss. BUT you can teach them how to fight, as long as you give everyone else a turn."

You swung your feet over the edge of the bed and clutched the blanket. You leapt off and landed on your face. Everyone laughed at you as you made feeble attempts to stand up properly and keep your balance. Your horns were WAY too big for you. So were your feet nubs and your head hurt to top it all off. Using the bedside table, you propped yourself up with it while everyone was still laughing. "Before you teach them to fight, maybe you should teach them to WALK!!" Pale laughed breathlessly.

You glared at him and inched over to him, holding on to whatever you could and starring him dead in the eyes before kicking his stomach. He coughed and everyone practically died. To Hollow, you were walking entertainment is a friendly and very weird package. "Wow, the kid certainly is scared of much." an unfamiliar voice spoke from the edge of the room.

Turning your head, Ogrims happy face appeared from the other side of a set of doors. He was smiling, as usual and Isma was standing nearby, looking at the ground. You waved, and were confused why Isma looked so sad. You turned to Hollow and asked "What's wrong with her? She looks so sad..."

Hollow replied in your head "I've only been awake for a day, and based on what I saw she's just having one of those weeks. Everything is going wrong and stuff." "But why? I thought she liked seeing me..." "She does, but she feels guilty for something, and I don't really know what. She's probably glad to see you awake and well but she's just worried. I think."

You tried to take a step and fell again. This time no one laughed. Your parents were talking to Ogrim about something and Isma still stood in the door way, looking like a wilting plant. You wanted to hug her and make her feel better because you really liked her, she was like a second mother almost. Seeing her sad made you sad.

"So its settled!" Pale turned to you and Hollow. "Today will be a busy one. Hollow, you'll be going with Ogrim and finding some old nails or some ply wood for later, when you begin actual training now that you know the basics. Rift I'm going to teach you how to fricking walk, because if I can teach myself I can teach someone else, even a moody vessel. After that, in about two hours we will be heading to the City of Tears and I will introduce you two to the public and just give them some news and boring stuff you kids don't need to be concerned about. Oh yeah, Rift, your going to need a new cloak aren't you? Ok, I can find you something later. After that, this afternoon or evening, One of the Five are going to start training you two. Not sure who, they'll have a war about it on their way to the City most likely. And tonight I think we have something planned? Anyway, hop to it, we don't have all day."