¢нαρтєя 18

Start from the beginning

"I am sure you must've missed a thing or two," My dad said, trying to defend me, and I smiled into his shoulder. I am a daddy's girl, no matter the world and dimension I am in.

But it seems my Mom didn't like that. So she gave him a big fake smile and a dirty look. "Actually, you know what? Since you are here, anyway, why don't you take up the feeding duty for the day?" She said, shoving the bottle into my dad's hands. And went away before he could respond anything.

"What?" Dad was still processing by the time she was out of the door.

"Hayley, come back here," my dad yelled, minding my sensitive baby ears, once the realization dawned on his face.

"All the best," she hollered over the shoulders and then was gone in a blink.

Dad exhaled a breath and looked at me. "Your mother is just jealous of our relationship, Hope." and I nodded in agreement. "It's okay. Let us wave it in her face by showing we can look after ourselves. What say? Littlest wolf. Ready for a date with your dad."

"Yes. Let's do it."

***

"Let's not do this ever again," I thought mentally, as I looked at the kitchen, dad, and myself.

"What in the bloody hell happened here?" A British voice drawled from behind me, "This kitchen looks like it experienced an alien invasion."

"Bekah!" I exclaimed, trying to look at her from the walker I was in.

"Oh! Thank god you are here!" Dad exclaimed as he saw his sister, who looked like a savior at that moment.

Since he couldn't get me to drink milk or yogurts, he decided to go with the next soft breakfast he thought a baby can eat. Pancakes. And since he gave up on the King position after Dhalia's demise, he also stopped trying to use the vampires and werewolves' for his work. He could have still threatened someone, but he really wanted to take the unofficial bet with my Mom seriously.

It's a matter of pride, you see.

I mean, how hard can it be to babysit his own daughter for a day on his own?

So, my Dad and I first went for a quick grocery shopping. Where he grabbed anything and everything that he thought was edible for me. He took everything I pointed my hand at. Which was mostly chocolate, chocolate ice cream, chocolate brownies...you get the point. And so, as soon as we came back home, he started doing preparation for pancakes following Siri's instructions on the phone.

To put it simply, it turned out into a disaster.

In detail, however, the flour and cocoa powder was all over the kitchen counter. The batter, though, was obviously prepared without lumps, thanks to the vampire speed used in stirring everything. Despite all the precautions, the pancake was either burnt or was not at all browned well.

Yes, he could've gone to a breakfast diner and order it, but my dad was as stubborn as me. So, for the time being, he begged me to eat some flavored yogurt, on a promise that he would prepare a delightful chocolate milkshake for me. And so, taking pity on him, I decided to go with that. And he was absolutely careful while feeding it.

After that, he decided to get back to the milkshake, which got us to where we are now.

After completing the first step by melting the chocolate, successfully, Dad decided to put all the ingredients in the blender. But in his hurry to fill my tiny stomach, he forgot to put the lid on. And, behold, everything was splashed on to the walls as soon as he turned the bloody thing on.

It also happened to have got on our dresses and faces.

That was when Rebekah Mikaelson came into the scene. Our savior. The one who is going to help us in cleaning the mess we made, before my mother arrives, and laugh in our faces.

The first thing, my blonde aunt- who was not blonde as she is now back in Eva Sinclair's body with the help of Freya- did was...prepare us some bloody pancakes. And it so happens that, being in a human body aided her in excelling in her culinary skills.

Because... Holy hell! The pancakes were perfect, fluffy, and soft. Just how I liked it.

As my dad fed me the food, Aunt Bekah cleaned up the kitchen until there was not a thing out of place or a spot on the walls. Dad then took the bins out that had all the burnt food stashed in them, and Bekah cleaned me up good, and air freshened the whole house to get rid of the charred smell that is easily identified by supernatural. By the time my Mom came back, we all feigned a look of innocence, as if we didn't go to war with flour and milk.

I just hope she will never find out the gruesome details of today, ever.