"Mummy. I didn't know you were still awake." I tried to act composed and natural as she walked into my room, her scrutinizing gaze scanning the room.

"No, I was working on my laptop when I heard voices. I traced them here." She looked at me skeptically and I let out a nervous chuckle.

"Oh, that. I was just watching movies on my laptop." I pointed to my laptop.

"You are watching movies?! Tiwa, your exams are next week!" She snapped at me and I almost rolled my eyes.

"I've been reading for a while, mummy. I just wanted to chill small." I whined but she hissed.

"Chill kill you there." She walked over to my table and took my laptop. I groaned. Jamal is in trouble! "I'm confiscating this till you are done with your exams." She said, walking pass me.

"Mummy!" I pleaded.

"Keep quiet, my friend. You better be thankful I didn't take your phone. Oya go and read now. Or you sleep." With that, she left the room. I locked the door and rested my head on it. On cue, Jamal came out of the bathroom and I shot a glare his way.

"You owe me." I told him while walking towards him and he chuckled.

"Just say you are happy to see me." He teased and I laughed softly before wrapping my hands around his middle. I suddenly jerked back as soon as I did that.

"God, Jamal! You are burning up!" I squealed at bit and he was quick to shush me. I looked at him. That's when I noticed he was sweating, profusely and his teeth were chattering. I became alarmed.

"Don't worry. I'm fine. I just had another night mare." He said like it was no big deal and I shot him a hard look.

"Just another nightmare and you are it like you took cookie from a jar. Come and sit down." I took his hand and dragged him to sit down and he didn't protest. I settled him down and sat on my bed in front of him. He had his hands around him like he was cold and I was quick to wrap my blanket around him.

"Thanks." He gave a small smile and I smiled back. We stayed in silence for a moment. Now I understood what he meant by adrenaline made him do those crazy things and honestly right now I wouldn't want it any other way.

All of you are just mad together. My subconscious mocked me.

"Uhm..." I stayed, trying to break the silence and he looked at me. "What happened yesterday, was that what triggered the nightmare?" I asked and he sighed, nodding.

"Yes. You should have noticed by now that words get to me a lot, no matter how little. All Skye said was a major trigger, mostly because it came from her." He said and I instinctively took my hand to hold his. His hands were extremely hot and I feared he was coming down with a fever. I saw his pajama top getting drenched in sweat. The air conditioner was on but they didn't seem to be having any effect on him.

"You need to take a shower. You are burning up real bad." I told him, getting up from the bed. He shook his head.

"I can't. You don't have to bother. I'm fine." He said and I looked at him incredulously.

"You are not fine, Jamal. You are running temperature and I'm very sure you are coming down with a fever. You need to take a shower, a warm one." I removed the blanket from around his shoulder and tried to drag him up. He began to whine.

"Elyon na!" He whined and I shot him a glare. He sighed in resignation and stood up.

"You act like my mum." He murmured in a child-like manner and I was forced to chuckle.