Chapter 29

Elyon's POV

Recap

It was just quarter past twelve in the midnight and I was still awake, sitting on the chair and leaning my elbow against the table. I couldn't sleep, not after the events of the previous day.

My parents were angry with me. They were pleased that I stood up for what was right but they were equally angry that I and almost killed somebody. I didn't even know how I did it. I was too pissed to reason and I just took action. Hopefully, that will keep Tolani away from us for a while.

I keep wondering how Jamal was doing. I had messaged him but he wasn't online. Tried calling him but his number was switched off. I concluded that he must have gotten into a truck load of deep shit with his parents.

Not knowing what else to do, I decided to revise everything, I've been reading and giving that it was already I weekend I didn't have to worry about school. I was just opening my books when a soft knock came from my window.

What?!!

Terrified, I picked up my heels because of their pointy edges and quickly tiptoed to the window. My blinds were down I couldn't see who was there. Carefully lifting up the blinds, I immediately aimed my heels to hit whoever was intruding but stopped shot when I saw who was hanging on the side rails of my window.

"Jamal!" I whisper-yelled

__________________________________

I quickly opened the window and helped him in. I was still in shocked at what just happened. Jamal was hanging on the railings of my window in the middle of the night?

Who does that?!

Immediately he got in, I closed the window, went to lock my door quickly and turned to look at him, pretty annoyed at the stupid move he just made. I ran my eyes through the length of his body. He was still claded in his pajamas.

Jesus.

"What the hell are you doing here at this time?! How did you even get to my window!" I asked him and he shrugged, a little smile playing on his lips.

"I kinda jumped the fence and climbed the tree." He nodded his head towards the tree beside my window and I widened my eyes in horror.

"You jumped the fence and climbed the tree! At this time?! Are you crazy! You could have gotten injured or worse, one of the security guards would have mistakened you for a thief and would have shot you! What were you thinking?!" I whispered harshly at him and he sighed.

As much as I was happy to see him, I was angry as hell at the risk he just took.

"I wasn't thinking, okay?! Adrenaline just took over and for proof, as you can seen, I'm not even wearing slippers." He jabbed his hands to his leg and I looked. He was right. His leg was bare and a bit muddy. I groaned, burying my face in my hands.

"Oh God, Jamal." I growled out. "Why didn't you just call me? I could have opened the back door for you.

"I couldn't. Mum confiscated all my devices. No electronics till exams are over." He replied and I sighed in realization. That was his punishment.

Suddenly knock came to my door and I shot my eyes to it. Another knock came and a turning of the knob, followed by mum's voice. I looked at Jamal and his eyes widened.

"Elyon! Tiwa? Are you awake? I heard voices." She called. Jamal quickly took an hiding spot in my bathroom. I switched on my laptop before going to open the door.