𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

When she swung the door open, she saw Damon was an arrow stuck in his back that was connected, with cable, to a bomb. "You have got to be kidding me. That's not a bomb, is it? Please tell me it's not a bomb."

"Okay. Okay, then it's not a bomb." Damon answered back with a very nonchalant attitude that only confirmed Klara's fears. "It's a kitten. It's an adorable, exploding kitten."

Klara looked at the bomb, and then toward Damon with wide eyes. "And you chose me to be the one to bail you out of this thing? Why didn't you call Stefan?"

"Because I'm proud and stubborn and I like to think of you as a friend— given my current situation, Klara, I could really do with one of those." Damon gave her a soft smile which caused Klara to sigh. "Come on, you're not gonna get hurt. All I need you to do is to cut the arrow out. I'd do it myself, but if I move... poof."

"Fine, fine!" Klara stepped forward and grabbed a knife that was laid out on the nearby table. "But, just so we're clear, I'm doing this because I am a good friend, okay?" The blonde vampire moved behind Damon and began to cut around the arrow, though her eyes didn't miss the letter that Damon held within his grasp. "What's that?"

"Proof that Pastor Young was a nutjob. This is about sacrifice and war brewing in Mystic Falls. And a load of crap about a greater evil that's on the way." Damon vaguely explained the contents of Pastor Young's letter while Klara scoffed.

"A greater evil? Don't you think we've got enough roaming around the town, we definitely don't need anything worse." Klara groaned. "You know, I had a physics test."

"Duh. That's why I called you." He spoke, while Klara chuckled quietly behind him. Damon was annoying and irritating, but he did have the ability to make her laugh. "So, how's life? Been a while since we caught up, Goldie-Locks. My brother treatin' you right? Because if he's not, I'll stake him myself."

"Shut up." Klara rolled her eyes. "I love him. I really do. It's just hard because I know that he cares about Elena, and he probably always will. And, I suppose I just feel guilty about the situation we're in."

"You put yourself first, Goldie-Locks. It's nice to see you finally doing that." Damon retorted. "Elena's got more to worry about than what you and Stefan are up to."

"Weren't you and Elena supposed to—"

"—Not since that night. Matt's truck went off of Wickery Bridge because she chose Stefan, not me. I don't know where I stand with Elena anymore." As Damon spoke, she heard the heartbreak in his voice. She always knew that Damon wanted more with Elena, and Klara thought Elena felt the same as him. 

Once Klara had finished cutting the arrow from Damon's back, she placed the knife down on the table and smiled at the Salvatore. "I think we're all good." 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

As Klara walked up toward Rebekah's new house, she admired the size of it. It did look gorgeous, whether she wanted to admit it or not. There were dozens of students outside partying and drinking from a keg while lifted the bottle of rum that was in her left hand, up to her lips.

"My booze not good enough for you?" Rebekah's British accent rang in Klara's voice just as she entered the threshold. Rebekah stood with a pointed look on her face while her arms were folded across her chest.

"I like to think I'm a little better than beer in a plastic red cup." Klara gave Rebekah a fake smile as she brought the bottle of rum up to her lips once more and took a sip.

"Hm. How charming." The Original vampire hummed once Klara stepped inside the house.

"Wow, I didn't even have to be invited in. Who'd you kill for this place, Bekah?"