𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Start from the beginning

Stefan folded his arms across his chest as he sat down on the table of the bench, beside Klara. "To be honest, I think her intention was to get under Elena's skin— not yours."

"Well, she did." Klara spat back viciously as she took a deep breath. "Sorry, but gloating about killing someone. How psychotic can you be?"

Stefan placed a gently kiss on the top of Klara's head as she chuckled quietly. "She's related to Klaus. I think the psychotic gene runs in the family." Klara then rested her head against Stefan's legs as her breathing became steadier. 

"I'm sorry for freaking out I just—"

"—I know. You don't need to apologize." Stefan nodded as his hand brushed against her blonde hair. "It was a pretty good shot, though."

Klara smirked back at the thought of throwing her pencil at Rebekah. "Thanks." Suddenly the door opened against to reveal Caroline who had Elena in her hold. The doppelganger looked dazed and confused as Caroline hurried her over to Klara and Stefan. "What's wrong? What happened?"

"Rebekah happened!" Elena flapped her arms around as she finally regained a sense of herself. She started pacing in front of the three vampires who sat on the bench. "She cornered me in the bathroom and tried to get me to lose control while the hunter is roaming the hallways looking for vampires!"

"It was a valiant first-day effort. No one will judge you if you want to go home." Caroline offered a sympathetic smile toward the doppelganger. She knew that it must've been hard for Elena. She had only just adjusted to vampirism and now she was thrown in at the deep end with school.

"I don't want to go home. I want to take the White Oak stake and kill her." Elena spat through gritted teeth. "That's how mad I am. She made me murderous."

"Maybe you should just sit back and not provoke her in the process." Klara looked toward Elena who seemed utterly gobsmacked. "What? I'm just saying that she's an Original, Elena. No offense, but you don't really stand a chance against her."

"And—and then do what, Klara?" The doppelganger narrowed her eyes toward Klara.  "Ignore her to death?" 

 "Look, she's trying to make herself feel better. She knows that everybody hates her, so she's trying to hate harder." Stefan exhaled deeply. "Why don't you just hit pause on today."

Elena looked at Caroline and Klara then reluctantly nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Okay, fine. Then later, we can all go to her party and show her that she can't intimidate me." She waved goodbye to her friends and then left.

Caroline folded her arms over her chest as she looked toward Stefan and Klara. "Does she seem a little off-balance to you, two?"

Klara furrowed her brows as she watched Elena slip into the distance. "Gotta be honest, yeah. She does, Care."

The Salvatore nodded in agreement. "She's channeling all her emotions to rage. It makes her feel like she has purpose. I did that, too. When I was—you know..." Stefan trailed off as he remembered back to much darker times. "She needs to come to terms with you, confront it, let it in before she can let it go."

The Forbes vampire nodded with a smirk. "You're good at this, you know that? You saved me vampire life. You saved Klara's, and now you're saving Elena's." The three began to walk off together. "You should write a book. Go on The View."

As they started to walk, Klara pulled out her phone and read a very cryptic and vague text from Damon. "I've, uh—gotta go. I'll meet you guys at the party." She turned to Stefan and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. "See you later."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Klara had arrived at the vague location that Damon had sent her in his text. It appeared to be a trailer parked in a clearing in the woods, not far from Mystic Falls. She tucked her hair behind her ear and used her supernatural hearing to hear the soft groans of Damon Salvatore that came from the trailer itself.