Calypso Is Her Name

Começar do início

But little did they know.. 
That everything will change when a group of pirates landed in their coast.

In a one sunny day..
Caly's enjoying the heat outside after the tremendous storm that had happened last night.

When one of the caretakers shouted to her..

"Caly! Run and hide in the woods!!"

"Why?? what's wrong??" She stood up and looked at the man that is in his mid 30's, Gonbei..

"Pirates!" Another one caretaker.. a woman who is also in her mid 30's, Martha, said.
They are actually a married couple.. And they made this little facade that they're a little family with Caly as their daughter.

Caly understood as to why they have to do that.. 

"Is it father?!" A glimpse of happiness were clearly visible through her eyes.

"No! It's an enemy! Just run and hide in the woods okay?? We'll come and find you there.." she nods hesitantly, worried about leaving them but she followed nonetheless..

She doesn't have any idea as to why she needed to run away from her house but she did anyway.

As she entered the woods.. she looked for a nice place or a tree to stay in. The woods is her playground. In just two years of exploring and playing in the woods, she already knew it inside and out.

Right around the middle of the forest is a very large tree giving the right amount of shade from the sunlight.. she sat down in it's roots and leaned on its trunk.

She yawned, stretching her arms before closing her eyes and falling right into slumber.

An hour or later had passed, when she was awaken by a huge explosion.

"W-what the??" She looked her way back to her house and noticed the fiery smoke coming from the village.

Her eyes widened at the sight..

"What's happening???" She then started to run, heading towards her village.

Gasping for air, she arrived at her house. She coughed as the scent of smoke tarnished her small nose. 

"No!" She can't believe what she is seeing. Their humble home.. Now enveloped with flames..

She immediately ran inside the house, searching for life.

"Martha-san? Gonbei-san!? Where are you??" She shouted without a care with her lungs which has started to hurt because of the smoke.

"C-caly.." Someone spoke near the corner of the living room.

"Gonbei-san!" She ran towards him.

"What happened!? Come on. Where's Martha-san!?" She holds his hand swinging it to her shoulders.

"C-caly.. *cough* you should leave this place! Call your father..*cough* we've been attacked.."

"But we should get you out of here before the fire spreads out. Come on.." she tried to carry him but since she still have a little body... what can you expect.. a seven year old girl to carry a grown up man?

"I-it's no use. Get out of here Caly!" He coughed his last breath before it gets taken away.

Her eyes widened as her tears started to fall down.
She can't believe that this is happening.. 
She never felt so alone.. 
For one moment she thought that it's easier to just sit there and wait for the fires to engulf her but at the back of her mind.. she still wants to live.