Chapter 31 - Relations

Start from the beginning

"Heh, actually..." I scratch the back of my head, "I'm... I'm kind of getting adopted."

I look over at Mr. Lee and a warm smile forms on his face. His expression is soft and I think I could even make out tears forming in his eyes, but he quickly ushered them away.

"I'm really happy for you Peter." He says, his smile growing widder. He stands up and drags me up from my chair, pulling me into a warm embrace.

For a moment, I'm caught by surprise. But I quickly wrap my arms around him and we stay like that for a few seconds before breaking apart and he ruffles my hair, to my dismay. But I can't keep up a frown and starts smiling again.

"So, you wanna see my latest comic?" He asks, already knowing my answer.

"That shouldn't even be a question." I laugh, following him over to his desk. He pulls up a small box and opens it.

Inside lay some action figures of some of the Avengers, a few key chains and under them are a few comic books.

Mr. Lee loves comic book and decided that he was going to make some of his own. Though... he doesn't really use original charachters. He uses the Avengers and writes different adventures for the characters. Then he has a friend draw the adventures for him. Because in his own words,

"I'm a writer, not an artist!"

I can tell the comic at the top is the newest one and he carefully pulls it out from under all the items on top of it. He hands it too me and a smile immediately appears on my face.

"Spider-Man, huh?" I smile, looking up at him before looking back down and flipping through some of the first few pages.

"He is my favorite." Mr. Lee shrugs his shoulders, pulling up a Spider-Man keychain from the box.

Now, I have seen people walk around with Spider-Man merch from time to time and it always warms my heart. But seeing Mr. Lee with the Spider-Man keychain, I am overwhelmed with emotions.

"Thank you Mr. Lee." I say and he pats my shoulder.

"So, how about I tell you the plot?" He asks and I nod.

.

.

"Bye Mr. Lee!" I call out as I make my way out of the door.

"Bye Pete! Take care! I hope everything goes well with the adoption!" He says and I nod a goodbye.

I start heading towards the exit, giving Happy a quick call, telling me I'm done with the 'errand' I told him about this morning. He mostly just huffed in response and told me he'd be here in around 10 minutes or so.

I walk out of the school and step down to the curb. Cars and people are passing by the school and I figure I can sit down and wait on one of the benches by the school.

I turn back towards the building and I now notice someone already occupying one of the benches next to the school entrance.

Flash looks up from his phone, scowling at me before bringing his attention back to the phone in his hands.

I let out a sigh and walk up the steps to the building, sitting down on the other bench next to the entrance. I take my phone out as well and start playing some random game I downloaded but I notice Flash glancing at me from time to time. So after a few minutes of his silent judgment, I put my phone away and look straight at him.

"What?" I snap and he looks at me slightly caught off guard.

"Nothing." He answers quickly.

"Then why are you looking at me?" I ask, my tone a bit too harsh for my liking and I immediately notice Flash flinch from my volume.