Chapter 28 - Goodbyes

Peter's P.O.V

"Mr. Stark, I'll head out and patrol a little." I say, standing up from my desk.

"Alright kid. And by the way. You can call me Tony. 'Mr. Stark' is getting a little overused, don't you think?"

"W-well... It's just...uhh... I'm just so used to calling you Mr. Stark that anything else just feels, well... weird, to say." I explain, scratching the back of my head.

"Alright. Well, you know your curfew. No later than 1AM, you hear? I don't care if it's saturday tomorrow, you late? You...Uhh...Hmm..." Mr. Stark stops for a moment. "I'll just take away the suit or something." He waves his hand in my direction.

"Aye aye, Captain." I salute, stepping into the elevator and heading to my room. I put the suit on and jump out of the window, swinging across the city with ease.

"Spider-Man, swinging through the city once again. Here to stop thugs from ruining peoples days... Oh that's a good narrator line if I'd ever get my own TV show or... or cartoon." I land on a roof top, looking over the area.

Nothing seems suspicious so I continue to swing.

"Yeah. Or maybe something like-" I deepen my voice, faking a narrator voice. "-Spider-Man. Hero. Vigilante. Here to save the day! Yeah! That sounds cool!"

"Help! Somebody please help!" Someone screams suddenly and I swing towards the noise. The screaming came from a woman, standing outside a bank and I land next to her.

"What's wrong ma'am?" I ask and she points into the building.

"They had guns and I ran out as fast as possible... There are still people in there." She gasps.

"Alright ma'am, I'm gonna have to have you call the cops and get out of here. Leave the rest to me, alright?" She nods and hurries away. I climb up the wall enter through the second floor window.

When I'm inside, I quickly jump up to the ceiling and crawl over to where you can see the first floor. There are about 6 people, all wearing masks and holding rifles. In the middle, around 20 people are sitting.

"Oh guns... just great. Just what I wanted today." I huff. "I gotta get the hostages out of here somehow..." I mumble quietly for myself, crawling over to the stairs leading to the first floor. I stay on the ceiling and funny enough, I climbed over one of the bad guys.

Since no one seemed to see him, I webbed him up to the ceiling with me, making sure to get the weapon out of his hands.

"Shhh... you have to be very, very quiet... it's thug season. Wouldn't wanna get caught, would we? You know, Bugs Bunny reference..." I joke quietly, looking towards the other criminals. "Alright... So, 5 left. Okay, that's good, that's good..." I mumble.

"Dude, you know you're talking to yourself, right?" The guy I webbed up whispers and I look at him slightly shocked, even though he can't see my face. I quickly shoot at web to cover his mouth.

"I need to concentrate, alright?!" I whisper-yell, making sure no one hears me. "Okay, you stay here- Right, you can't move anyways..."

Suddenly, there's a small explosion at the end of the bank and the vault door falls to the ground. Three of the criminals walk in, leaving two to guard the hostages.

"I swear, it's like you guys wanna get captured." I mumble, looking to the webbed up guy, but he just shrugs. "Right, the criminals. Thanks dude."

When one of the two dudes come close to me, I web him up next to the first guy and the remaining criminal walking around the room has no clue what's about to hit him. I jump back down to the ground and sneak up behind him and knock him out cold.