| Imagine #13 | Jean Pierre Polnareff

Start from the beginning

After a time, you return to the hotel and head straight to the restaurant. You sit at the bar, placing your order and waiting.

Your thoughts rest upon the subject of Polnareff.

It's no secret that he feels something towards you, seeing as he flirts relentlessly and calls you pet names. But, how do you feel about him?

He's honourable, kind, sweet... the list of wonderful things goes on and on. Even if he is a bit clingy, his good qualities overthrow that.

You respect him, and he seems to reciprocate your mutual bond of respect and trust. Out of all the others, you're closest with him, but is that simply because he never leaves you alone?

Sighing, you sip your drink idly as someone sits beside you.

You pay the man no attention, going so far as to tilt away from him. You're not in the mood for company, especially a stranger's.

"Hey, baby. How about I buy you a drink?"

Not wanting to be entirely rude, you shake your head, "No thank you. I have one already."

"I can buy you another, if you want," he grins.

He's not bad looking and he appears to be around your age. His smile is easygoing and you don't feel threatened by him at all.

Your lips twitch into a small smile, "We'll see."

Taking the opportunity, he introduces himself and strikes up conversation. You talk with him, actually enjoying yourself.

Your food arrives and so does his. As you eat, you continue conversing, mainly about yours and his home countries.

The meal is over and you smile cheekily, "I suppose I could have another drink."

"It would be my pleasure to buy you one," he chuckles and gets the waiter's attention.

Unbeknownst to you, a certain Frenchman has been observing the whole encounter since the beginning, his rage growing by the minute. Seeing another man flirt with you and make you smile fills him with burning jealousy.

How dare that stranger try to take you away from him!

You thank the man for the drink and move closer to him, excited that this night is going so well.

Polnareff barely suppresses a growl as you lean playfully against the handsome stranger. He can't just stand by and do nothing.

Determined, he approaches the bar.

You look up in surprise as Polnareff makes an appearance. Inside, you wish wouldn't ruin your unofficial 'date'.

Unfortunately, he comes right to you with a false smile, "Hey, Y/n!"

"Who's this?" M/n asks.

"This is Polnareff. He's in my travel group," you say, dying on the inside.

Why is he cock-blocking you?! Don't you deserve some fun after all you've been through?

"Pol, this is M/n," you finish the introduction, trying to silently tell Polnareff to go away.

Your attempts go unnoticed by both parties as the buff Frenchman seats himself beside you.

"So, where have you been?" Polnareff questions you, losing some of his joviality.

Narrowing your eyes, you respond, "I told you, I went on a walk around town. Didn't you eat already?"

He shrugs, "I'm thirsty so I thought I'd get a drink. Is that a crime?"