Riding to Hamunaptra

Bedouin Trading Post

(Y/n)'s perspective

I woke up early today for the sake of us getting to Hamunaptra faster, and to hopefully avoid the Medjai.  Evy went in search of new clothing for her use. 

It was going to be a hot trip, and I'm not ready for it.  I didn't like it the first time we gone there!  I done my best to dress accommodating for the environment.  Unlike before, I've got more of a choice.

After making sure everything was in place, I was off to find my friends.  Only to hear Jonathan arguing about needing the right amount camels.

While walking over to them, Rick jokes about handing me and Evy as payment.  "Really, now? Because I don't think either of you, well Jonathan mainly, would last days out there without either of us.  Besides, I don't think he'd prefer a "man" like me anyways." With my arms crossed.  I was doing my best to look slightly intimidating.

Rick quirks a brow to me, "Eh, I guess if your hair grown a bit more longer, you'd no longer pass for a man." Gesturing my shoulder length hair, "But who's to say really.  The librarian, I'm not so sure." He says.  "You like her, admit it." Shoving his shoulder playfully.  "What's there to like?" He asks as we start walking. 

With one glance, I see Evy walking towards us in a gorgeous, black bedouin dress.  I gotta admit, she looks ravishing in it.  "If you don't go for it, I might as well.  She's an awfully gorgeous woman." I smirk as I see from the corner of my eyes he was agape of her beauty.   "Awfully."  Was all he said.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Third person's perspective

Our heros set off under the blazing sun of the desert.  "I never did like camels.  Filthy buggers." Jonathan complained, "They smell, they bite, and they spit. Disgusting." On cue Hassan gurgles up to spit. 

"Ya sure you're not confusing them for the warden?" (Y/n) gossips a whispers to Jonathan, "I think they're adorable." Evelyn gently pets her camel's head.  Unfortunately to (Y/n)'s dismay, Hassan starts to sing in arabic.  She groans quietly out of annoyance.  Rick catches up to (Y/n) with his usual smirk, "Don't worry, (N/n), it's only to Hamunaptra and back." He taunts her.

"Oh, Fuck off!" She shoves him as he chuckled in amusement.  Continuously mumbling her frustrations in (y/n/l) about Hassan's presence.

Nightfall

Once nightfall hits, our five remain to travel as the night provides a cool breeze for them.  Rick and (Y/n) were the only ones awake.  Making sure to guide everyone's camels in the right direction.  Rick felt a weight on his shoulder.  It belongs to a sleeping Evelyn.  He awkwardly tries to get her into a comfortable position on her camel instead of his shoulder.  "You know," (Y/n) smirks, "Your shoulder could cause less neck pain for her." Rick glares at (Y/n) before putting his finger to his lips.  "Shhhh"

She chuckles softly, "I'm only throwin it out there." She whispers before going ahead of him.  Behind them were Jonathan and Hassan sleeping.  Well, Jon was attempting to.  However, Hassan was quite the snorer.  (Y/n) could hear him from the front.  "Poor Jon." Looking back back to the duo with sympathy.  Jonathan decided he'd heard enough of his snoring.  He'd use his riding crop on Hassan.  "Ey! No more good soup!" Hassan exclaims as he woke.  Jonathan quickly fakes himself asleep to avoid getting under the assumption he'd done anything.  (Y/n) quietly snickers to herself at the scene.

From the distance, Ardeth and his warriors watches them from a far.  "What is she doing? Why is she leading them to Hamunaptra?" One of them asks, "I told you she'd turn on us the moment we let her leave! We should've killed her when she wasn't as strong as she is now." Says another, "She has betrayed us and our people!" He continues.  Ardeth kept his gaze on Rick and (Y/n).