『 C H A P T E R 9 : SACRIFICE 』

Start from the beginning

"But, I can't leave you alone."

"Oh boy... Here we go again..." Ireen sighed with her shoulders dropped and Armin patted her back.

"Without me, you'll ---"

"Cut this crap! I'm not your little brother or kid! I've said this already!" The teal orbs blazed in anger. Eren's face was stern.

Mikasa hung her head lowly in gloom. She even ignored the steps that getting nearer to her.

"Just believe in Eren, Mikasa. We can't ask more than what already been given at the moment." Ireen put a hand on her waist while the other flung around. "We're lucky they're willing to spare Eren's life anyways. Focus on your duty. Unless you were called to join the elite squad in defending Eren, then don---"

"Ackermann. Ireen. You two will be part of the elite squad guarding Jaeger. We need you skills." Ireen was suddenly cut in talk by the team leader, Ian, who just appeared out of sudden.

"Let's go! Time to move out!" He jerked his head slightly.

Eyes trailing at his leaving footsteps, Ireen turned back to Mikasa and sighed softly. "Well, I guess the sky listen to our prayers, Mikasa. Let's watch after Eren together..." She pulled a light smile.

Mikasa's lips twitched in happiness. Both females immediately jogged over with Eren following suit while Armin headed to another direction, to where the luring units were.

"See you then, Armin. Dont die." Was the last thing Eren said before the blonde wished him the same thing.

- - -

Running on top of the wall that surrounded the Trost District was the choice of the elite unit's route. This way, they could avoid direct meet with the titans, and oversee the whole area to pinpoint any titans that probably leaving the luring unit and heading to them.

And throughout their journey, Mikasa was being... Mikasa again. She was checking on Eren's condition after been running for quite a feet. Probably because Eren started to breath harder, or his eyebrows twitching so much that she got concerned. But Ireen herself too couldn't take her gaze away from the said boy, though she preferred to keep her worry to herself and watched in distance first.

Then there goes Mitabi and Rico saying them didn't give a damn care whether Eren is a top secret-human weapon or not, or to have the humanity's fate rides on a spoiled brat like him. Their priority was to seal the gate, and since it depends on Eren's power, they were willing to guard him even with the cost of their lives. Though, Mikasa didn't let them comments on mocking Eren slide away as she gave a glare, while Ireen mumbled something 'fucking funny to see old dudes getting worked up over youngster...'

Thank God, squad leader Ian stopped them to focus back on their mission.

The squad finally changed to 3D maneuver gear with blades pulled out. They be flying around between buildings heading to where the boulder resided. Along the way, Ireen eyes didn't miss the two big figures that changed their direction when they spotted humans around. "I spotted two titans making their way to here, sir!"

Leader squad Ian briefly looked over. "Leave them be! The luring squads will handle it!" And he responded.

Ireen nodded her head as she resumed on her motions.

Swinging and flying across number of buildings, the squad finally reached the boulder and they immediately halted their jumps to one of the nearest roof, letting Eren to pass by before transforming into a titan.

A streak of yellow thunder flashed and a 15 meter tall titan emerged from the smoke. It roar loudly, and for a second, a flash of hope and proud was written on the squad's faces.