3; the door

Waking up this morning was one of the harder days. We all had our days like this, but mine were just a little bit worse. I sighed and decided to get something out of it.

I got up and brushed my teeth and hair before heading downstairs to the keyboard in the living room. I was still in my pajama T-shirt and shorts, but I didn't really care.

I pressed on the keys and just let my fingers roam around until I pressed something I actually liked.

"I will not make the same mistakes that you did. I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery.
I will not break the way you did, you fell so hard.
I've learned the hard way to never let it get that far," I started and then intensified the keys a little bit for the chorus.

"Because of you, I never stray too far from the sidewalk. Because of you, I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt. Because of you,
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me. Because of you, I am afraid," I sang with a sigh.

"I lose my way, and it's not too long before you point it out. I cannot cry, because I know that's weakness in your eyes. I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh everyday of my life. My heart can't possibly break,
When it wasn't even whole to start with." I sang more emotionally.

It honestly felt really good to let all of this out. I returned to the chorus again and began singing and writing it down in my little journal.

"Breakfast is ready, loser," Wesley called from behind me, making me jump. My heart was racing a million miles per minute.

"Jesus Christ, Wes, could you not scare me next time?" I asked and he stuck his tongue out at me before heading back into the kitchen.

26 years old? More like 6 years old.

I walked into the kitchen and saw that my mom made everyone bacon and eggs. I kissed her on the cheek and grabbed myself a small plate of food, "Morning."

"Morning, sweetheart, what do you plan on doing today?" She said as I sat down at the table next to everyone.

"I'm probably just going to hang around the house," I said, taking a bite of my food, "And then I have to bring Bailey to her stupid concert."

Bailey frowned, "It's not stupid, it's extremely relevant actually," she said in a matter of fact tone, making me roll my eyes.

"Well, me and Pepper are going to go to the beach later if anyone wants to come with us," Wesley said, placing his hand on top of Pepper's.

————

About 8 hours of just laying around and writing songs later, it was time for me to bring Bailey and her friend to their concert.

I wanted to stop by somewhere and grab a milkshake or something while I waited for Bailey, so I decided to get dressed.