7; goodnight ivy

Never would I ever imagine that I'd be at Niall Horan's hotel room. He also didn't tell me that he came all the way here to see me. His house is in La, like mine, which is 5 hours away from San Fransisco.

"Okay, so what's the song?" I asked once we were settled in. I sat on the couch while Niall sat on the floor in front of me.

He had his guitar in his hand and began strumming keys, "Well, at first, the song was just about patience, but now I feel like it's going somewhere and I don't know what to do with it."

"Okay, show me," I said with an encouraging nod.

"Patience, can I share a drink and let go of the pressure? Can I have patience-"

"Pause," I said, causing him to stop, "Are you talking about the emotion or are you trying to talk to it?"

Niall rose a brow, "What do you mean talk to it?"

"Watch, hand me the guitar," I said, taking the instrument from him and repeating the chords he just showed me.

"Dear Patience, can we share a drink and let go of the pressure," I paused and took the little notepad he had been looking at before, and placed it so I could see it, "Dear Patience, cause the last time that we talked seems like forever."

Niall nodded, a grin on his face, "That sounds so much better. How the hell do you do that?"

"Do what?" I asked confused.

"Just come up with music like that? I mean you don't even have to think about it," he said with awe written all over his face.

I felt my cheeks start heating up, "I mean, it's kind of my job." Since my cheeks were so red, I desperately tried to change the subject, "Why don't we finish the song?"

Niall nodded, so that's what we did.

——————

I'm not sure how, but I ended up on the floor and Niall was now on the couch, just looking up at the ceiling. His eyes were slowly closing from tiredness, but he fought to stay awake.

"How come you don't like it when I ask you questions?" He asked, turning his head so he was looking at me.

"That right there is a question," I said with a teasing smile on my lips.

"You know what I mean," Niall said. He got up and sat next to me on the floor, his back leaning on the couch, "Whats so bad about questions."

I shrugged, "I just don't like it when people like to know everything about me. It's a little bit scary knowing that you're giving your all to someone and they could shatter you just like that," I said with a dramatic finger snap.

"But I won't do that, you can trust me," he said, more awake now than ever.

"That's what they all say," I replied back in a monotone, my lips going into a flat line.

Niall shook his head, "But you can trust me. I think you know that by now, Ivy." I think it's fair to say that I did know that by now. I mean what the hell would a pop star want with someone like me?

"Why do you always call me ivy?" I asked curiously, "I expect you to actually answer this time."

Niall laughed, "It's not time for me to tell you."

I frowned, "What do you mean, time?"

He shrugged, "The time just isn't right."

I rolled my eyes and just decided to let it go because there was no way I was going to get it out of him.