After taking one last bite of the vole Snowpaw and I had shared, I let out a huge yawn and took a stretch.

"Great StarClan, you must be tired!" Snowpaw meowed, yawning immediately after I had. "Healing after fighting in a battle doesn't just happen overnight."

"You're definitely right about that," I commented, glancing down at the healing gash on my shoulder. Although I'd be able to continue with normal apprentice duties, Jayfeather was having to keep a close "eye" on it, and would for a while. "I'm going to go to sleep."

"Me too," Snowpaw commented as she began to observe my leg. "But are you sure you shouldn't stop by to see Jayfeather for a moment? Your wound is healing really well, but another poultice on it might do you some good. It might heal even faster."

"How in the name of StarClan do you know so much about medicine stuff?" I asked after having yawned a second time. "It's not like any other warrior or apprentice in this Clan would be able to tell me the progress of my wounds!"

Snowpaw stared off for a few heartbeats, seemingly deep in thought, before shrugging. "I really don't know," she answered me. "I guess I just have it in me somewhere, I just don't know how."

I narrowed my eyes as I then asked Snowpaw, "Do you regret becoming a warrior apprentice?"

"No way!" Snowpaw replied. "I know that I'm meant to be a warrior. I have no idea why I can look at wounds and know what they mean or know what herb to apply to a wound. At least maybe I can use it if Jayfeather needs any extra help in the future."

"True," I agreed, yawning a third time. "Well, if you think I need another poultice, I think I'm just going to get it tomorrow. I'd fall asleep before Jayfeather was even finished with me."

"If you say so," Snowpaw answered before beginning to pad towards the apprentice's den, me following behind.

I crawled inside of the apprentice's den to see that Snowpaw had practically let herself drop into her nest. "You're that tired?" I exclaimed. "Why are you so tired? I fought in a battle yesterday!"

"Maybe I'm tired after being with you, you bragging mouse-brain!" Snowpaw teased before adjusting to a more comfortable position and wrapping her tail around her nose.

"Whatever, you bully!" I purred as I settled down into my nest. "I'm sleeping for a moon!"

"Have fun with that!"

"Heh, goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Letting out an exhausted huff, I let myself close my eyes, and watched as I drifted off into the darkness.

I almost hope that Ashfur won't be too tough on me tonight, I thought. I really am so tired after the battle yesterday... but I don't think he'd care if I'd shredded an army of badgers with my own two paws yesterday.

As the surroundings of a forest began to appear around me, I mentally prepared myself for an exhausting night of mock battling ahead.

As the forest became clear and full around me, I lifted my head up and began to look around, expecting to find Ashfur in front of me immediately.

But, he was nowhere in sight.

No one was, in fact.

"Hello?" I called out, scanning every direction. Where is everyone? Did I maybe wake up in the wrong clearing or something? "Hello?" I called out once more.

Still no answer.

Deciding that I was probably in the wrong clearing, I starting walking in a random direction to see if I could manage to find anyone.