★☆Chapter 02- Past☆★

[Song: Angel Beats Op]

》》》》》☆★☆《《《《《

8 YEARS AGO

"Today we have a new transfer student from Hiroshima. Go on, and please introduce yourself." The teacher says this in a very encouraging yet calm way.

"Uhmm.. hello.. My name is Ss.. a.. ku.. ra--" The shy boy was stuttering until someone interrupted. "Huh~?? Sakura, isn't that a girl's name~??!" The young boy interrupted with total pleasure. "SHIZUKA NI!!(Keep quiet/ silence)" -teacher.

The boy starts after swallowing a lump in the throat. He clears his voice and says, "Hello, My name is Sakurano Rei, pleased to meet everyone." The blue-haired boy talked about himself and then after a while, he smiled gently at us.

The boy was friendly to everyone. Always smiling whenever someone would talk or greet him, he was kind to everyone. His classmates and teachers would oftenly ask favors from him, since they know that they could trust him. He was good at anything (except studying). His teachers were very proud of him.

Until, One day after the dissmissal time of their old school.

"Oi, aren't you going to fight back?!" says by the brown-haired boy. "I know! You can't fight back cauz' your a.... GIRL!!" says orange-haired boy while the other three boys were laughing unconcernedly. The boy was covered with a lot of bruises and is still not defending his self.

"This is getting boring!! Come on. Fight back!" The leader said while they all kicked them.

Suddenly.."You guys are weak.." "What?!!" The bullies said in unison. A seven year old girl with short brown semi-wavy hair, was walking towards them.

"You were bullying him since he wasn't fighting back?" The girl ask this as she glare at them with her calm light green orbs. "How can he fight if he was covered with a lot of bruises, is about to die... tell me how can he fight back??" The girl was saying this, having a calm, bored expression but her eyes had the hint of anger.

"What do you know you're just a loner, who knows nothing?!!" The boy's leader says this as he glares back.

"You're right. I'm just a loner.. a complete loner. Someone who has no friends. Someone who is completely ignored by people, who doesn't know anything... yet still.. just because you all were jealous of him, doesn't mean you have to beat him to pulp. It doesn't mean that you know that he's not going to fight, you will all gang up on him."

She was still calm as she slowly mutters this words.

"You b*tch, if you don't stop talking now, I'm go--" "What? Are you going to punch me like him? Are you going to beat me to pulp like him??"

Suddenly, footsteps of people from outside are heard.

"Tch!!" "Fine, we'll give up for now, but that doesn't mean that we were done with you, (points at Rei) and YOU!! (points at me)" After the boy's leader had said that, they had all scrammed.

The boy woked up in the Hospital, slightly recovering after three days of continuous sleep. In those three days the girl and her family was visiting the boy to make sure how he was doing.

Then One day. The boy and his family visited the girl's house, to thank her. Her  mother says this with a very welcoming feeling, while greeting the Sakurano family when suddenly she was interrupted.  "Sara, meet Rei. Rei-kun meet my daughter Sara.. Well we all know that both of you are classmates in school b-- ".

"But you want us to get along, right? I'm sorry but I'm not about to get along with a wimp.."

It wasn't only that day, but they would visit my house, whenever the're not busy. Since before the Father of Rei was an old friend of my Mother. They were too close to each other that they felt like siblings. Somehow because of that, some people thought they were about to end up together, but in the end they plainly stayed as very close friends.

"Sara, come back here! This instant!" I replied with a soft slam of the door." I'm really sorry about our daughter, Sara. She seems like a very cold child but once you get to know her, she is a very nice child."

Rei's Mother replied kindly with a "It's fine."  I know that she's a kind child, since she was kind enough to always visit my son in the Hospital."

Rei's mother ended while saying "Don't worry we understand, but I'm sure that in the near future our children will be attached together, like you and my husband, like my family and yours!"

"Boring people..." I muttered this in the dark room, while hugging my knees.

(Next day) "Mama, why is he here again?" The curious child asked with obvious displease. "Of course, Sara to be friends with you~!"

!!!

"So come on now, hurry up. Get dressed up! Rei-chan is waiting for you~!" T__T

"Sara come on let's go~!!" His addresing me in a very informal way, like we're close, creepy kid. T__T He suddenly grabbed my hand and started running while saying.. "It's going to be fun, Sara~!!"

The girl shrugged off his hand and said "Are you an idiot? Aren't you suppose to hate me after I have said those words to you? Are you just doing this so that you can repay the kindness I have given you?" The girl says this in clear tranquility.

"Well, I can't talk back since, I really am a wimp.. But I really just want to be friends with you since your really interesting." The boy says this while pulling off a carefree smile.

"Interesting??"

"Always looking at the windows. Staring at the empty ceillings..."

"You find that interesting??" You really are an idiot.

"It's interesting since your the only girl in the class who doesn't have friends." Oh great. He is just making fun of me!

"I'm just wondering why you don't have friends. Is it because you're scary? Is it because you are easily misunderstood by other people? That is why it is interesting~!!" He says this while pulling out a carefree smile.

This brat is interesting. " Fine. I'll agree to be friends with you.." The blue-haired kid just smiled happily.

"Hey let's seal our promise!!" The boy said cheerfully.

"How??"

"Something called the pinky swear...

Sara, nee Sara~! Promise me that no matter what happens, we will always be good friends, 'kay?" (helds out pinky finger)

"Promise~!!"

(back to present time) "Thank you, Sara.." Rei says this while staring at the sky, like he was remembering something really distant...

"Why are you thanking me?" I asked in a curious tone.

"Well it was you who taught me how to give more value to myself. It was because of you that I am what I am now..."

"Stop getting emotional Rei... It isn't the end yet.."

"I am supposed to be the one... who is going to thank you.." I mumbled. "Uh.. what did you say?"

"N.. nothing. So it means that I was the reason why you became a flirt?"

"Maybe.."

"What!!"

"I'm just kidding, of course!"

Rei... No matter what happens I will always stay as a dear friend to you. It may hurt but, I believe I should stop this one-sided feelings I have for you...

I promise to always support you and be there for you... May you find your happiness with the girl your destined to...

Please always smile and be happy.

"Sara let's go, it's getting late!"

"Hai~!!"

THE END