Prologue : Danger In The Sweet Potato Field

In farm fields near Da Chen country's border town, An'Ping Town

Most of these fields are growing sweet potatoes. Summer wind was blowing gently through the Palm sized leaves of sweet potatoes, swaying side to side. But it didn't disturb the rest of a beautiful blue and purple colored butterfly, who was resting quietly with it's eyes closed in a sweet potato leaf.

An unnoticeable soft mist like halo covered it's figure.

Unknown to it, it's beautiful figure caught attention of a pretty little girl playing with a group of children, not too far away.

The little girl with better clothing than the rest of the children, tugged a corner of the clothes of a tanned boy taller than most children of his age, pointed out the butterfly and asked while showing an adorable expression " Xiao ge ge, Xiao ge ge, can you catch that butterfly for me ? I want that butterfly. It's so pretty!!!"

The tanned taller boy looked at the place she was pointing then immediately afterwards patting his chest with a arrogant look on his face answered " Don't worry, Bi'er mei mei. Your Xiao ge ge , will help you get it. You just wait for me here. "

"Thank you , Xiao ge ge." thanked the girl with a pretty smile.

After selecting few capable children from the group , the boy named Xiao left for the butterfly.

The Xiao boy and his group, quietly approached the place where the beautiful butterfly was resting, and surrounded it.

Xiao as gently as possible, extended a hand to grab hold of it's beautifully shaped wings.

The butterfly, who seemed oblivious to the danger, opened it's eyes. A Sharp look crossed it's eyes and hurriedly flew away from the spot before the hand could touch it.

The Sharp look faded when it noticed that those who disturbed its rest were a group of children. But it didn't relaxed it's vigilance.

If it was another time it would play with them. But Right now it was in middle of a breakthrough.

It was a butterfly with spiritual intelligence unlike those with no intelligence.

It was before she formed a cocoon to transform into a butterfly, by a stroke of luck ate a spiritual herb with dense amount of spirit qi.

By there and then she formed a cocoon and in a matter of few months she successfully became a butterfly spirit capable of wielding magic flame.

It's been a few years since that day. In those few years, it roamed in the secular world, learned many things, had countless breakthroughs, even given a name by a little girl.

It was Meng Chun Chun.

Because that spiritual herb was of highest quality, it's aptitude was excellent after transforming. Almost had no bottleneck in cultivation.

In just a few years time, it was approaching her second transformation.

During the years it roamed, it learned that in the middle of a breakthrough it would be in vulnerable state.

That's why, on the way to find a secret place to quietly transform, it stopped at this sweet potato field to take a rest.

But it didn't expected that a group of naughty children, would want to catch her. In it's weak state, it couldn't fly higher or longer. Or else it would strain it's body, make it more vulnerable.

But when danger was at front, it had to flee.

The Xiao boy felt angry that he couldn't catch that damn butterfly even  after trying for so long. He took a stick from the field and aimed to strike the butterfly fiercely.

Meng Chun Chun, who sensed danger and flew away from the spot. But because of it's weak body, it was a step slow and was wounded in it's right wing.

A pain so intense filled it's entire being. But danger didn't stop, instead increased.

Instinctly it flew away , not minding the tearing pain coming from it's right wing.

The Xiao boy didn't expected that even after taking a strike from him, the butterfly still flew away. He instantly became angry.

'That damn butterfly humiliated me so badly in front of Bi'er mei mei. If I didn't catch this butterfly and teach a lesson , I can't walk out of this shame in this life.'

Thinking it like that, the Xiao boy with a fierce expression on his face, said to those children to follow him and ran after the butterfly.

The remaining children looked at each other with a look of bewilderment on their faces and hurried to catch up.

The butterfly, Meng Chun Chun flew madly towards the east side of the fields as it remembered there was an army campsite situated bordering Da Chen country.

An army campsite came into her sight before not long. It didn't stop flying. Instead increased it's flying speed, flew towards the centre, where security was the highest.

It flew towards the biggest tent located at the centre. It flew between the two soldiers guarding tent, through the slit exposed by the wind almost leaving no after image.

It flew some more into the tent before collapsing due to pain on the sand map.

The soldiers felt something flew past their eyes, looked at each other before one of them opened the tent's door sheet to the side and looked inside once over.

It was same as before. There was no sign of anything misplaced nor any foreign objects.

The soldier, who looked inside closed the door sheet ,shook his head to the other soldier and both of them then resumed their post.

Unknown to them, a wounded butterfly was quietly lying on sand map, groaning in pain with a voice inaudible to humans.

Suddenly, a steady pair of footsteps sounded outside the tent.

The soldiers guarding the door straightened their backs and greeted the incoming man with cupped fists, respect and reverence in their eyes.

"General!" "General!"