Realization fell across the doppelganger's face. "Did you—Did you feel like this?"

"Of course I did." Klara nodded slowly. "Like I said, it just takes adjustment. You'll let there." The blonde sat down on the edge of Elena's bed and the brunette sat down beside her. "So, uh, you don't want this, huh? You wanna find a way out."

"I never wanted to be a vampire. I was ready to die, I should have died the moment that my parent's car went off Wickery Bridge. It almost seemed like fate that it happened again." Elena swallowed while she shook her head, a light scoff escaped her lips. "I just—I don't think I can do this."

"I felt exactly the same when I was in transition. It was horrible. Everything hurt. Everything was brighter. Sounds were louder and I just thought: Why? But then, when I actually turned, I understood it. I felt amazing. Strong, independent." As Klara spoke, a smile drifted across her lips. Elena's, too. "I don't know. I guess for a long time I always felt vulnerable—like I needed saving. But, now, I have the ability to save myself. If this isn't what you want, then you know I will help you search for any possible way out of this, Elena." 

"Thank you." Elena breathed out finally. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Klara was in the kitchen with Stefan while Elena remained upstairs, where it was dark. She attempted to join the two in the kitchen, but she hissed at the brightness of the room so Stefan suggested it would be better for her to remain upstairs. Klara moved over to Stefan and wrapped her arms around his neck. She knew that he felt guilty for not saving Elena first and she knew that he would continue to beat himself up about his decision.

"I should have saved Elena instead of Matt." Stefan sighed out defeatedly with his hands wrapped around Klara's petite frame. 

"Then Matt would be dead and Elena would have lost another person she cares about," Klara explained as she peeled herself out of the Salvatore's hold. "That girl has suffered more loss than anyone I have ever met. You respected Elena's choice. Not many people would do that."

Stefan remained silent as he nodded, his eyes were fixed on Klara. "Well, that's one way of putting it, I guess."

Klara shuffled awkwardly as she placed herself up on the kitchen counter. She swung her legs gently while she fiddled with her fingers in her lap. "So, uh, does this change anything for you?"

"What do you mean?" Stefan raised an eyebrow in the blonde's direction. 

"Well, I mean now that Elena's a vampire. Do you feel differently toward me?" A smile crept across Stefan's mouth, then followed a tiny chuckle which caused Klara's brows to knit together with confusion. "What're you laughing at?"

"I care about Elena. I feel guilty about not saving her first, yes." Stefan took one step forward and moved in between Klara's legs while both hands cupped her cheeks. "But, this changes nothing, least of all the way I feel about you. Okay?"

Klara nodded as a smile moved across his lips. "Okay." She rested her hand at the back of Stefan's neck. She groaned out of irritation while tried desperately to resist the urge of kissing him. "But, I do think it would be incredibly disrespectful if we just started making out on this countertop, so—" She lifted her hand from his neck and shooed him away with it, and he took a step backward with a smirk.

Before either of them knew it, a team of deputies and council members had stormed into Elena's house with guns. Klara's eyes fell on the gun which was loaded with wooden bullets. "Hands in the air, now, vampires!

"Pastor Young?" The blonde's eyes fell to the man she recognized that was stood beside one of the deputies that had his gun pointed to Klara. "What's going on?"