I eyed her suspiciously, slowly grabbing my phone and checking around to see if something changed. Nothing, except her creepy smile, which I took as my cue to leave, "I'll see you next time."

After she drove back here, I went inside my house and hastily left my school bag next to the front door before I went to her place. So when I did go back home, I found no other reason to go upstairs in my bedroom anymore. Besides, I actually liked studying in the dining room.

You see, my mom and I rarely see each other on a weekday because she was at her job and I was busy with school. We developed this thing where she would work on the dining table while I sat on the opposite end to study. It was our small moment that we spend with each other. Even if we didn't talk, we just enjoyed each other's company.

It was us against the world, after all.

Of course, that eventually changed along with everything else labeled normal in my life.

I pulled out my phone notebook and started calling Leon, placing the phone on speaker. Bizzare enough, it rang for a bit before saying that the number was busy as of the moment. I raised a brow at this, because it had only been twenty minutes max since the time he called me.

Then somebody rang the doorbell.

Alright, that was definitely freaky. Mom and I never get visitors. Even when we do, we usually know about it before they even arrive here.

I tried to peek through the glass beside the front door and involuntarily gasped when I saw the person I was trying to call standing right there.

Okay, first things first, why was he here?

With my hands shaking as I unlocked the door, I slowly opened it. I was doing it at such a slow pace that his face went from chill to questioning by the time I finally got it completely wide open, "Hello?"

"Hey," he greeted back and I expected him to say something more.

You know, like why the hell are you standing on my porch?

I blinked, then he blinked. I have no idea how long we were just standing there staring at each other, waiting to see who will be the one to break the silence.

Alright, it was my house so I guess I should make the first move, "What are you doing here?"

From the way his questioning expression did not waver at all, I could safely assume that was not the inquiry that he expected.

"Zoey said you wanted me to come over since it will be easier to explain in person?" he answered, his eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

Wait, what?

I knew it! I freaking knew that she had something under her sleeve. I've known her all of my life so when she showed me that conniving face, I already figured it out that she was going to do something.

I hastily stepped out and looked towards Zoey's bedroom window. Her curtains moved and I looked absolutely ridiculous standing there while glaring at a window. She probably took my phone during those few minutes that I was washing off the face mask.

Oh Zoey, you're so dead to me.

I then turned my attention back to Leon. One of his hands was inside his jean pocket and the other clutched onto the notes I made for him. When I squinted my eyes, I noticed the amount of sticky notes on it, a clear indication that he truly worked hard to understand what I wrote there. Even though he did say thank you, the fact that he actually used it said more than words could ever do.

Now how could I turn him away when he made that much effort?

"Come on in," I told him, gesturing to the inside of the house so he would enter. I held back outside as he did and then knowing fully well Zoey was still watching, I sent her a middle finger before following him inside.