Chapter 28

Check out the "Trailer" I made for this book 👆🏾👆🏾. Tell me what you think. It's just for a minute and a few seconds.

Elyon's POV

I stood at the door, quietly watching as Vanessa spoke in hushed tones with Skye who just kept head down as her shoulders shook in sobs. I had a pretty good idea what Vanessa was tell Skye but I was too upset to even interfere. No, upset is an understatement.

I was pissed.

We've been in this empty class room for the past fifteen minutes and Skye has been crying her eyes out, muttering repeatedly to no one in particular that she didn't mean it and that she's sorry. I rolled my eyes continuously, I feared the will fall out. I was furious.

No, not because she called me out in front of everyone, I can manage that but she actually told Jamal she hated him, in front of three quarter of the senior school!

Her own brother...

Her twin!

I understand that she must have been in a pretty bad place at that time but that gave her no right. Everything seemed jumbled up, everyone was misunderstanding everything and it has really taken a toll on everyone, especially Jamal. Now, Mateo had gone hay wall.

"Senior Elyon, I didn't find him. I've looked everywhere." The JSS3 student I had sent to look for him minutes ago told me.

"Did you check the music room?" I asked him and he nodded.

"That was the first place I checked." He said confidently and I sighed, rubbing my face. I looked at the junior awaiting my next instructions.

"Thank you. You can go now." I dismissed him and he scurried away. Immediately the Junior left, Skye spoke up.

"Please don't call Mateo here. I can't face him." She lamented and I almost scoffed but I tried not to let my anger blind judgement.

"I wasn't calling him for you. I'm calling him to speak to him. Don't worry, I'm not going to steal him away." I said the last part with sarcasm laces in my voice, trying to hit her deep on purpose. She heaved heavily as fresh tears clouded her green Iris.

"Elyon I didn't mean any of what I said, I swear..." She started but I cut her off, anger filling my veins in full force.

"Then you shouldn't have said it in front of almost half of the senior school population." I retorted with a sneer and she gasped out in frustration. Vanessa just sat there, not wanting to interject.

"I was angry!" She defended.

"You were angry with Mateo, fine but he wasn't there to take your backlash and you transferred your aggression on us!" I snapped back.

"I didn't choose to transfer my aggression on you! You were beside him, you heard when he said he doesn't actually want me and Mateo together!" She yelled and I growled out in frustration.

"It was a fücking misunderstanding, Skye! Can you just shut up and listen?!" I shouted and the room became quiet. Skye's tear stained face was awestruck. Vanessa's eyes kept darting between both of us like would throw punches any time soon. I took a calming breath and began to speak again.

"Your brother said what he said, fine but it wasn't in the context Mateo thought it was. He misunderstood Jamal causing everything to blow up to this moment." I told her and she looked on, sniffing repeatedly. I continued.

"Even if the statement he made was in a different context, so what?! He is your brother! He has every right to protect you from hurt. Probably he is wrong about Mateo hurting you, it is your duty to make him see reasons, not accuse him in front of other people." I swung my hand to the side for emphasis.