i. SO MANY SPARKS

Start from the beginning

   Casey leaned closer to her to whisper into her ear. "Alright, who do you think their parents are? The short one is giving me Hermes vibes."

   "Same. Blondie looks like a Hebe kid. Maybe even Apollo." Ingrid said.

   "Psh, no way! He's Big Three, no doubt. Now the girl on the other hand, that's definitely Nike." Casey said. 

"Nah, my bet is Demeter. Whoever is right gets to go first in the dinner line. Deal?" Ingrid said, holding out her hand.

Casey shook it with a smile. "Deal."

   As if on cue, the girl, whose name was apparently Piper, spoke up. "Would somebody tell me what claimed means?"

   Suddenly, Ingrid gasped, as did everyone else. Floating over the short kid, whose name was Leo, was a blazing holographic image of a hammer. Ingrid and Casey cursed, upset that they got it wrong.

"Damn, I really thought it was Hermes!" Ingrid said, shaking her head.

   "I did too. This one doesn't count I guess, but the others do. You know I don't mess around with the dinner line." Casey said, making Ingrid snicker. From behind them, Clarisse swatted at them, their laughter stopping.

   "Dude. The kid just got claimed, so quit laughing it up. Also, the guy is Zeus, and the girl is Aphrodite. Calling it right now." Clarisse said, before stomping away. The twins looked at each other with tight lipped smiles, before bursting into laughs as they walked away as well.

   The two made their way to the sword fighting arena. They sat in there, squabbling about what they should duel with.

   "It's called a sword fighting arena for a reason, Ing. Obviously we should just duel with swords." Casey said.

   "Okay, sure, but we're already decent at using swords, so why not try something new. Like a spear, or a machete." Ingrid argued.

   "Ohhh okay. You just wanted to use your new machete, huh?" Casey said accusingly.

   "Okay, and? It's new, and it's awesome. What further explanation do you need?" Ingrid said. Casey rolled his eyes, throwing his arms up in defeat.

   "Fine. Let's go get them. I'll have to grab one from the weapon shed then."

Together, the pair made their way to the Ares cabin, where Ingrid dashed inside to grab her new weapon. Nyssa Barrera had recently made her a new one, since her old one was getting a little rusty. Ingrid had been restless to use it, and was glad that Casey had finally obliged to let her do so. When she walked back out of the cabin, she made sure to put on a show of showing off the weapon, caressing the side and twirling it around a few times. Casey merely rolled his eyes, motioning for her to keep walking towards the weapon shed.

The shed was located on the side of the Athena cabin, and was lined with an array of weapons. Swords rested in a bin towards the front, spears on a rack along a wall, and even machine guns were lined up. Casey walked in and began rummaging around in search of a machete, having no luck with it being among everything else.

"Jeez Ingrid, where the hell do you find these things?" Casey grumbled.

Ingrid poked her head into the shed. "Check between the knives and the clubs. I think that's where mine was." She said, swinging her machete around a few times. Ingrid acted as if a person was in front of her and jabbed, then swung it another few times.