2 ; let's ditch them.

MAX'S POV;

MAX'S POV;

thank god for saturday's, man. luckily, today was a saturday so we had literally nothing to do.

nikki, neil, and i were all laying in a field, just talking, when all of the sudden, the new girl came up in our talk.

"what do you guys think of her?" nikki asked us.
"hm. i don't really know her too well, so i cant judge her completely but she seems pretty cool!" neil smiled.

"yeah, she seems nice. what if we let her in our little trio? we could become a quad-o!" nikki cheered.

"uh, that's not the correct term." neil said.

"hm, uh, quadruplets?"

"nope."

"foursome?"

"wooahhh now," neil said, "lets just go with quad-o."

"max? what do you think of y/n?" asked me.

"oh uh. she's cool i guess." i replied.

honestly, i think she is pretty cool, and seems to have a nice personality so far. but im obviously not gonna tell them that, they'll think i have a crush or something.

"oh yeah! forgot to tell you, she's gonna share a tent with you now. so now you won't have to listen to my 3am talks!" nikki told me.

"oh, uh. okay." i tried not to blush.

i've known nikki for years, so it was never weird sharing a tent with her. but this new girl, i hardly know her. hopefully it won't be awkward and shit.

"you alright, max?" neil asked, "you've been acting strange all day."

"oh uh, y-yeah im good." i scratch my neck

neil and nikki look at me strangely, but then nikki raises her eyebrows and her expression turns into a shocked happy face, "OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON Y/N!?" she smiles, neil's face is shocked but he then laughs.

i could feel myself blushing, goddammit. "w-what, fuck no! i dont even know her that well!" i defend myself. neil and nikki start laughing and teasing me.

"god, fuck off you dick heads." i stood up and walked away. fucking assholes.

i walk around camp, just to keep myself busy i guess. i look over and see y/n looking uncomfortably at dolph's painting.

as i walk over there, i hear y/n say, "wow, dolph! this looks... very.. uh.." i cut her off, "it looks very interesting, dolph."

dolph smiles, "thanks, you guys!"

as dolph continues his painting, y/n looks over at me and whispers "is he...a.. yknow, na-" i cut her off "we have no clue but let's just.. never bring it up to him."

me and y/n walked around the camp, making fun of the kids doing stupid activities for fun.

suddenly, david comes rushing up to us. "hey kiddos. y/n! seems like you and max are getting along very well" david winks at us.

y/n was visibly taken back by what david said, "oh! i- er- me and ma-max arent.. well we're-" i roll my eyes, she cant get a word out. "what she's trying to say is me and her aren't shit. we're just acquaintances." i told david.

Y/N POV;

"we're just acquaintances." max told david.

i don't know why, but that kinda hurt my feelings. i was at least hoping he said we were friends.

"whatever you say kids, wink!" he winks at us, "anyways, it's about time to hit the hay. but since we got a new camper, let's celebrate and throw a bonfire for our newest camper!" david cheered.

"oh no, you don't have to do that for me. i promise!" i told him, he shook his head. "my job as a camp counselor is to make you feel as welcomed as possible! it's the least we can all do. now, you and max go down to the tents and bonfire area! max would be thrilled to show you were it is!" david walked off to gather the other campers and me and max went down to the bonfire area and sat on a log.

max looks over at me, "by the way, when all the campers and david and gwen get down here, we can go into our tent and just sleep or whatever. trust me, these bonfires are hell." max warned me. i laughed, "i'll just see how bad it is, and if it does turn out to be 'actual hell' i'd love to sleep instead."

a few moments laters, all the campers got there and so did david and gwen. david sang some songs, the kids made s'mores and it was... decent.

nikki sat right beside me, "sooo y/n, how do you feel about max?" she asked me, max turned around from hearing his name. "nikki. no, me and y/n aren't in love and will never be in love. fuck off." he gave nikki the finger and i snickered.

nikki gives me a look and whispers, "do you like max?"

to be honest, i don't really know. i mean, it's my first day here. how am i supposed to know this?

"pfft, hell no." i replied.

neil but it into our conversation, "oo you talkin about max?" neil and nikki then teased me and max non stop.

"fuck this, im gonna go to sleep." i said. i stood up and sneaked off into a tent.

before i went into a tent, i went over and asked max "uh hey, which one is our tent?" he pointed over to our tent that was a couple of feet from me.

when i walked in the tent, i noticed there was only one sleeping bed.

and one bag.

and then it hit me, shit i left my stuff on the bus!

i walked out of the tent and sighed from stress. i just wanna sleep man.

"yo, y/n! where are you going?" i heard max call out. i turn around, "uh i left my stuff in the bus! i'll be back."

he got up from his seat and walked over to me, "i'll help you really quick. it's more appealing than sitting there by neil and nikki being idiots and bothering me about how i 'like you'" he said. we turned around and saw neil and nikki freaking out. dumbasses.

me and max made it to the bus and he managed to budge open the doors. i walked to the back of the bus and grabbed my 2 huge bags and my sleeping bag.

we finally made it back to our tents, "you can go back if you wanna now, thanks for walking with me." i thanked him. "no problem. also, im probably gonna go to bed as well. i'll just wait for you to change." he responded. i gave him a thumbs up and walked into the tent.

i put on a f/c tank top and then some black sweat pants. i peeked my head out the tent to let max know he can come in.

i put one of my bags in the corner of the tent and the other bag was filled with blankets so i used those and set up my sleeping bag and we were set for the night.

max took off his hoodie and i guess his pajamas were just a yellow shirt and sweat pants he had worn all day.

we both laid there in silence, then we both sprung up and said in unison;

"i cant sleep."

hopefully this night isnt too long.