Hiding

I woke up in a hospital in bed and bandages around my head.

Outside the door stood was a police officer. My memories cloudy but i do remember the men wearing black body armor and the explosion that sent me flying. I tried to stand up and it felt like the floor was pulled from under me the room was spinning.

"Nurse". I heard the officer call.

As i struggled to get up the nurse ran in and assisted me.

"You need to stay in bed and rest, you're lucky to be alive".

"Where's my brother, my mother or my sister".

The nurse face became saddened.

"Sweetie you're the only one the firemen found, the house was burnt to the ground".

"....no...no...NO, NO!". I felt empty, as though pure darkness began to grow inside me.

"...*sniffs.. Wait there were to men at the house before the explosion, where are they".

"There were no sign of anyone else there".

"What about tire marks, there was a vehicle there".

"The officers didn't find anything that's all i know". She said it with a stern voice, almost as if she's telling me to drop it.

She walked out if the room and closed the door. Then i heard whispering, i got up and put my ear to the door.

"Just watch the door until the clean up crew gets here"she said.

"This isn't good, what if the actual cops come what am i gonna do. They'll know I'm not am officer".

"Just do as you are told".

".... fine".

And then she walked off.

                  ☀☀☀☀☀☀

I couldn't believe what i was hearing why were these people after me. I don't know but i have to get out of here. I looked around the room and lucky they left my clothes next to the bed, i quickly got dressed and looked out the window. Crap I'm on the third floor, ok don't think just jump. Just do it.

I jumped landed in some bushes, only got a few scratches. I hitchhiked a ride to my home and the nurse was right, the only thing that stood was the shed. I went to the shed and found my dad's old hunting knife and my older brother's .45 caliber handgun tucked it under my shirt. I can't be here long this is the first place they'll look for me. Luckily my old dirt bike was in the shed, it's tank was empty but we always kept a five gallon tank of gasoline in there too. After i filled it up i headed to my dad's favorite hunting/camping site deep in the woods.

TO BE CONTINUED....