Don't Get Hit By Cars

Y/n was walking around campus with David since they had Creative Writing together that year.

"Is that Y/n L/n?" a student asked as they passed by.

"I think so, I didn't know she went here," their friend said, "Isn't she dating Tom Holland."

Once they passed, David and Y/n laughed, "I thought it was pretty well known that this is the college I go to," Y/n said, "Or I guess I'm only visiting my super cool friend."

"That I am," David said, taking a small bow, making Y/n laugh even more, "I am also your only cool friend."

"I don't know, David," Y/n said, "I think Harrison is pretty cool."

"I'm your only cool American friend," David said, "Is that better?"

"What about Kylee?" Y/n grinned.

"Kylee is okay, she was better before she started dating Harrison," David told her, "Now she won't shut up about him like I called her and all she told me was about how 'Haz is such a romantic, he came and spent a day with me in Atlanta."

Y/n laughed, "I believe that," she said, "But you can't blame her for being in love."

"Right," David said, "I have to blame you."

Y/n rolled her eyes and was about to say something when someone behind said, "Laughing about me, aren't you?"

Y/n almost jumped into David's arms, "Dude, you scared the crap out of- oh it's you," Y/n said, it was only Olivia, "Yeah, no we were laughing about our own lives, not yours."

David sighed, and said nothing, he didn't want to get involved in the argument, "David, back me up," Y/n said out of the corner of her mouth, but David just shook his head.

"Looks like you were," Olivia said smugly.

"Actually no," Y/n said, "David is just minding his own dang business like you should be doing."

Olivia opened her mouth, but quickly closed it and walked away.

"Nice one," David said.

"Thank you," Y/n said graciously, "Well let's get to class."

In October, towards the end of the term, Y/n was always exhausted, she was studying all the time, and if she wasn't studying at night, she was texting or face-timing Tom. She knew long-distance relationships were hard, but they were a million times harder when you were in college and when your relationship is public and big news, so people who you don't know you ask you about your boyfriend, all the time.

"Okay, I want a nice little piece of writing, since it's almost end of term, I'll let you chose the topic," Y/n's Creative Writing teacher, Professor Henderson announced to the class.

Y/n sighed and looked at her blank document, and started typing aimlessly about memes. At about the ten-minute mark there was a loud thud.

Everyone looked to see where it came from. David only had to look directly to his left, there was his best friend, who had fallen asleep typing mid-sentence.

"David," Professor Henderson said, "Could you wake Y/n up. I do not permit sleeping in my class, even if that student is famous, and has met my favorite actor countless time, Robert Downey Junior."

"My boyfriend and I, ate dinner with him and his family one time," Y/n muttered in her sleep.

"What did she say?" he asked.

"She said that 'she and her boyfriend ate dinner with him and his family once'," David quoted.

"Huh, must be an interesting story," Professor Henderson said.