girls night

Nini was in desperate need of a girls night. things had been hectic for her in the last few months. she and Ricky had settled down, getting an apartment together in SLC and getting engaged, Nini loved her job as an event planner, Ricky was teaching music at one of the middle schools which he really loved.

she felt like she definitely deserved a night out, after all the recent stress in her life. she was in the middle of planning some big corporate party and they were driving her insane. plus she had begun planning her wedding and it was all just too much.

she was standing in the mirror in their bedroom putting in her earrings when Ricky got home.

"hey baby." she said as she looked in the mirror.

Ricky set his bag down in the corner of the room, taking off his tie, "hey. going somewhere?"

Nini nodded, "yeah, the girls and i are gonna go get some drinks. i need a girls night. that alright?"

Ricky came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, pressing a kiss to her temple, "you don't have to ask me babe. you can go out with the girls whenever."

Nini smiled and Ricky passed her as he went to change into his home clothes, getting out of his work clothes. Nini fluffed her hair and stood back to look at herself in the mirror. she was wearing tight black skinny jeans and a flowing silk camisole tank top with lace on the top.

she grabbed her clutch after fixing her makeup and went into the living room area to see Ricky on the couch, an episode of Jeopardy playing in front of him while he finished last nights chinese food.

Nini leaned against the couch as she slipped her heels on. she stumbled a little when she got them on, Ricky chuckling slightly. she leaned down to give him a quick kiss.

"i don't know when i'll be back tonight. i'll send you a text if i'll be out past midnight so you don't have to wait up." she rubbed his jaw lightly as she spoke.

he smiled and waved her off, "i'll always wait up for you."

Nini grinned and leaned back down to kiss him a few times before her phone buzzed, letting her know that Gina was waiting for her outside their building.

she said a quick goodbye to her fiancé and rushed outside to see her best friend. she squealed and ran to hug the girl.

"oh my god, i feel like i haven't seen you in forever!" Nini said excitedly.

Gina smiled, "me either. so Kourtney and Ashlyn are gonna meet us as the bar a few blocks away. i said we'd walk and meet them there. i figured we'd all take uber's home anyway."

the two girls caught up as they walked to their favorite bar a few blocks from Nini's apartment. once inside, the four girls were reunited and immediate took shots together. the group settled at a table in the corner of the bar, talking loudly to hear each other over the music.

Nini was gratefully drinking her beer, not having had one in a while. she didn't drink much, having tapped out on that when she was in college, often spending way too many 8am lectures hung over.

"Neens, pick a date yet?" Ashlyn asked excitedly, all the girls squealing excitedly at the wedding talk.

Nini nodded, wiping a bit of beer from her chin that had dribbled down, "we have. we've settled on May 14th next year. that gives us just about a year or so to plan everything."

Gina puts her chin on her hand and leans in, "how is it being engaged?"

Nini rolled her eyes, "it's great. it's really nice knowing that we're in this for the long run and we'll be together forever."