"Now he's being silent," I thought.

"Will you show Brady and Marc how you travel? If they appear as an image, it would be good to have them at our side," Landen thought.

"I'll show whoever you want me to. I just want them back," I thought, still staring at my father as feelings of betrayal welled inside me.

"We're going to teach Brady and the others how Willow travels so that when the time comes, we'll be able to get them all back safely," Landen said to my father.

My father turned quickly. "That's a good idea, but do you think it's safe for the two of you to leave Chara?"

"We'll stay close," Landen promised.

"Just make sure the two of you stay close to each other...I still don't understand what happened to your bodies yesterday."

Landen nodded. My father then looked at me, leaned down and kissed my cheek. "Be safe. I'll see you tonight," he said quietly as he turned to leave.

I sat patiently on the couch as Landen called his brother and Marc to come over, but my stomach was tied in knots. I needed a pause button. Something to slow my life down, there was too much right and wrong side by side. Too much supernatural.

While we waited on the front porch for everyone to arrive, I stared out into the field, taking in the pure beauty of Chara.

Brady was the first one to make it to the house. He stepped out of a large white Jeep that had gray glass panels running across the hood and doors. I noticed he was dressed almost completely in black. As he walked toward us, I couldn't help but ask.

"What is it with all the black? Do I need to change?" I asked, looking down at my white shorts and purple top.

Landen smiled at my new observation. "No, I'll keep you close. It's just easier to see each other in the string if your wear black. If you get more than ten feet apart, you seem to fade."

Brady and Landen were now standing side by side, and their resemblance to one another was more than apparent. It wouldn't be difficult for a stranger to mistake one for the other.

"How's your—" Brady started to say as he looked at Landen's arm.

"I don't know," Landen answered before Brady could ask.

Brady dropped the subject. The respect in the vibe between them told me these two had a tight bond. No explanation was needed. They'd been through too much, seen too much to not know how to ride the wave of unknown.

Another Jeep pulled up. It was dark gray. I could see the same panels that were on Brady's Jeep. I studied the panels on both vehicles, trying to understand how they were powering the Jeeps. Landen grinned as he watched my eyes take in all the details.

"I keep forgetting that this is all new to you. It's like you've always been here with me."

I grinned. "I have been. I just never paid much attention to the scenery around us."

"You two are talking, aren't you?" asked Brady. "Now that's weird. I don't know if I'd want Felicity in my head...I mean she is the one, but this is just—just something else."

Landen smirked. "Its awesome."

There were two people in the Jeep. I recognized Marc; he was the one driving. The other guy was tall and had a lean build like the others, but with a baby face. His hair was a dirty blond and very curly, and he had a playful emotion wrapped in anticipation. "That's Chrispin. He's Marc's baby brother," Landen answered my question before I could even ask it.