Chapter 2

Beep!
Beep!
Beep!
Be-

As the black and crimson streaked hedgehog turned off his alarm, he peered over and noticed that is was ten past eight. Which normally meant he had to get up, dressed and head off to work, however, because G.U.N. was training new incoming agents he decided today would be a day off.

Once getting up and ready for what awaited him, he headed down the hall towards the living room. Upon stepping over the threshold, his nose was greeted by a delicious sweet smelling aroma, that seemed to be coming from the kitchen. While making his way over to see who was behind all this, crimson eyes noticed it was none other than

"Morning sleepyhead." Chirped the pinkette with her back towards him.

The ebony male arched a brow "What are you doing?"

"My thank you gift." She informed "What else would it be?"

"You don't have to do that. Besides I normally skip breakfast."

As she shook her head the pink female piped up "No wonder, I'd be grumpy too if I missed what happens to be the most important meal of the day."

The black and crimson streaked male's eyes winded by her sudden move. Because no one had ever been brave let alone darning enough, to say such a thing to his face.

"Those are strong words coming from an individual who doesn't know who they're dealing with." He stated.

While sliding the pancake down onto the plate, the pink hedgehog added "Speaking of that, you still need to keep your end of the promise. Remember?"

"The first thing you need to know," The ebony male said "is that once I make a promise I don't break it."

The petite female peered up at him and said "If that be the case, why I'm I still waiting to hear all about you then?"

Crimson orbs filled a kept their full attention on her "Stay focused because here's your answer. I work for G.U.N. which is a top secret organization that deals with the most difficult and challenging missions."

Having a perplexed look on her peach muzzle the cherry pink hedgehog replied "Which means you're one of their agents, aren't you?"

"That maybe, but I'm not going to them anything about this." The black and crimson streaked hedgehog explained.

Within minutes of having said that, Shadow's ears perked up to his communicator going off. However, because he knew that another pair of ears were going to be listening, he made sure to give Amy a look of reassurance before answering. Luckily for him, she picked up as to just how important this call was going to be, even though the individual was patiently waiting for an answer on the other side to speak with the top agent in which he's known for.

"It's about time you answered!" An impatient female snapped.

With an annoyed eye roll the ebony hedgehog spoke "I wasn't exactly expecting a call during the one day I'm not needed."

"That's besides the point," The hazelnut colored mongoose responded "have seen the news recently?"

The black and crimson streaked hedgehog lied "No, I've been busy with other things."

"Well then, you better listen because I'm only going to say this once. As of now G.U.N. has assigned their best agents in charge of finding the wanted suspect."