“ Did you enjoy watching your big brother onstage?” I ask, already knowing the answer. Tommy simply adored Damien and tried to be like him in every way. Trust me, The feeling was mutual. The love Damien had for Tommy was so fierce, it always gives me a pang of envy when I see them together, knowing I don’t have that same love as a result of me being an only child.

Tommy nodded his head excitedly, “ Uh uh! But he said a lot of bad words.” He leaned in close and whispered loudly in my ear, “ But don’t tell Mommy. I don’t think she heard.” He pulled back, looking at me with a solemn expression. I stifled my laughter and looked him in the eye. “I'll be sure not to.”

Tommy set his eyes on Damien and broke out into a sprint and jumped in Damien's arms. “Damien!” I let the two boys have a minute as I walked over to my dad and Damien's Mom, Teresa. My dad instantly pulled me into a warm hug as soon as I was in arms reach.

“Will you look at my baby girl! All grown up and ready to leave her ol' man behind.” I heard him sniffle as he was saying these words and I pulled back in horror. I could not handle tears, they were my weakness. I immediately felt the pressure behind my eyes as I noticed my father's own tears.

“ Dad, don’t you start crying because then I'm gonna start crying and it's just gonna be a huge mess. Don't do this.” I said half serious, half mockingly. My dad chuckled and wiped at his eyes.

“ I'm gonna miss you kid when you're out at the big apple. Don't forget to call every day!” I rolled my eyes and laughed. “Yes dad, and every hour I know! We've been through this before. Im not going out of the country, in fact I'll only be a couple hours away.”

“ A couple hours too far.” My dad said seriously. I looked at Teresa pleadingly. I honestly thought my dad had warmed up to the idea of me moving to New York for college but I guess not.

“ Oh Frank, lighten up, you big lug. She can't always live at home. This is her time to experience and branch out in the world.” She explained, lightly slapping his arm.

“ Yeah,” Damien said, appearing with Tommy on his hip and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. “ Plus, She's going to have me to look after her.” 

“ Somehow, that doesn’t make me feel better.” My father grumbled under his breath. Damien chuckled, and faked a sad expression. “Oh Dad, your words wound me.” Damien called my dad Dad because since his died in the military, he never really had a father figure in his life so he settled for the next best thing, Mine. Now I'm all for this relationship because I know how much Damien misses his own dad but sometimes, when I see them watching a game together, or fixing our car I cant help but feel... envious that my dad can't do things like that with me. But then he flashes me a smile that I know is only for me and I recover pretty quickly.

“ You'll get over it.” My father said and everybody laughed. “ So, What does everybody think about Red Lobster?”

We quickly yelled our excited agreements and made a move to our car. I started walking too but a hand pulled me back.

“You guys go ahead. Me and Cade will meet you there.” Damien told everybody, who nodded and left to the car. I turned back to Damien with a confused smile. “ Why couldn’t we get a ride with them?”

“ Because I couldn't really give you my present with them around, now can I?” He answered with a mischievous smile. I groaned. He knows how much I hate presents. 

“ Damien...”

“ Now its nothing too extravagant, so stop bitching and moaning right now. I saw it in an antique shop window and I just had to get it for you.”

“ But now I feel bad that I didn’t get anything for you.”

“ I don’t want anything.” He answered quickly. I sighed, knowing I was defeated and he smirked when he realized too. He pulled out a dark blue velvet rectangular box and placed it in my hand. Hmm, for something out of an antique shop it sure looks more expensive...

I glared at him. Damien sighed, “ Ok maybe the antique shop was located in Kay Jewelers...” I groaned, “ Damien you said tha-” 

“ Just open it, Cade. Im dying in anxiety.” I had half a mind to let him wait longer but this must have been something really important by the way he was tapping his foot uncontrollably. Why was he so nervous...?

I opened the box and my mouth immediately dropped and a gasp escaped my lips. The bracelet inside was beautiful. The band was a just a simple gold, thin chain but that wasn't what caught my attention. In beautiful cursive was my name, with a tiny amethyst stone as the dot for the “i”. Amethyst is Damien's birth stone and I've always loved it. Something I made sure he always knew. I grew frustrated as I felt the wetness in my eyes yet again. I curse whoever gave me these seemingly overflowing tear ducts. I bit my lip and looked up at Damien who was looking at me with a tender expression on his face, satisfied with my reaction.

“ I'm guessing you like it?”

“ Like it? Damien this is so beautiful! How could you afford this?”

Damien laughs. “ I buy you a beautiful bracelet and that's the first thing you ask? I'm hurt Cade. Really, this burns.”

“ Damien, I'm serious! I know this didn’t just cost you a buck and some pocket change.” 

Damien sighed and took the bracelet out of the box and grabbed my wrist, intent on putting the bracelet on. “ Don't worry about it, Love. Just say thank you and kiss me already.” I laughed when he said the last part, knowing he was just joking. Damien always made jokes like that but I know he only thinks of me as his best friend, really sister, and nothing more.

“ Well Thank you. And I'm sorry but my kisses are strictly reserved for Tommy. He told me so himself when he saw me giving my dad a kiss on the cheek.” I replied, smiling down at the bracelet that was now on my wrist. There was no way in hell, I was taking it off. 

Damien sighs. “ That boy. Always taking away the fun.”

I laugh and grab Damien's hand, pulling him along to my car. “ Come on, Cry Baby. I have lobster waiting for me.”

 ** I know that was a really sucky way to end but please bare with me. And I'm sorry if this chapter is boring but I needed to add in a few details that you need to know for the story. So thanks again for reading my story and please comment and tell me what you think. Advice from people who already have stories would be greatly appreciated. Ok bye, lovelies. <3 xxx**