“ Good. Now I want you all to stand up and give that person a hug. Go on. Do it. I don't care if only yesterday you hated that person because yesterday we weren't leaving this place for good. I don't care if that person had sex with your girlfriend or you're boyfriend had sex with her boyfriend. I just don't fucking care and you shouldn't either. Today is when all the bullshit and all the drama is being left behind the door we're walking out of. So go ahead and spread the love. Because guess what? WE FUCKING MADE IT! WOOH!” A big majority screamed back in response and I can proudly say I was one of them. The students stood up and started giving off hugs to their assigned person. I turn to Josh with a smile on my face and he hesitantly smiled back.

“ Oh get over here!” I laughed pulling him into a tight hug.He laughed in response and hugged me back. I pulled away and grinned up at him.

“ Have a nice life, Josh”

“ You too, Cadrian.”

I smiled at him, which became a squeal of surprise as I felt myself being lifted in the air and spun around.

“ Damien, you dick, put me down!” I could feel his chest moving behind my back, letting me know that he was laughing. When he finally set me down, I turned to him with a mock glare on my face but I couldn't hold it for long. Damien's smile mirrored my own and before I had time to react, he pulled me in a bone crushing hug.

“ Oh Cade,” He spoke into my hair, “ Can you believe we never have to come to this shithole again?”

“ With the way you're squeezing the life out of me, I may never be able to go anywhere again.” I croaked out. Damien laughed and released me. I sucked in some air and smiled at him. “ Nice speech by the way. Real classy.”

Damien sheepishly smiled, “ Yeah, I got an earful from Mrs. Lang about my choice of words.” He shrugged.

“Why didn’t you read the original speech?” I mean, don't get me wrong, the speech he did was fucking fantastic but there wasn’t anything specifically wrong with the original one although it did, in fact, sounded like something out of a thesaurus’s ass.

He shrugged again, “I don’t know it just didn’t feel like the right words to say.” I nodded at him in understanding. I saw my Dad and Damien's Mom and little brother coming my way and I immediately broke out in a terrifyingly large grin.

“Tommy!”

I ran over to the little boy, who was the spitting image of Damien and pulled him into my arms. Tommy had Damien's raven black hair but instead of his brothers ocean blue eyes, he inherited his dad's emerald green ones. I'll never understand why those boys get to be so lucky in the look department. Now don't get me wrong, Im happy with my appearance of chocolate brown hair and blue eyes, but I wouldn't mind getting a little portion of their luck when it comes to genes.

“Cadey!” Tommy yelled back, wrapping his chubby little arms around me. Tommy was 4 and as of last year, officially the love of my life. I got the candy ring pop to prove it. Well, only the ring part. The candy has been long gone.