Chapter 1

You were climbing up to the crow's nest. Your sword was at your side and the wind was blowing in your hair. Taking a deep sniff, you breathed in the salty air of the ocean. You closed your eyes to enjoy the moment when you felt someone shaking your shoulders roughly. "Stop that!' you cried out.

"Miss? It's time to get up," your maid said. Blinking, you glanced at your surroundings. Big windows, an even bigger wardrobe, a chandelier, and a private bathroom. You sighed. You weren't on a boat. Nope, you were a princess, expected to be proper and high-class. Nope, it was only a dream. Yet, when you closed your eyes, you could almost feel the wind blowing your hair again and the salty tang of the ocean...

"Miss! It's time for breakfast," she said again, dragging you out from your daydream.

"Alright alright," you muttered, as you climbed out of bed and shuffled to your wardrobe. Pulling out a white lace dress and matching socks, you walked to your bathroom to get ready for the day.

After a refreshing shower, you hurried down to breakfast. (Don't worry, you're dressed)

"Good morning father," you muttered, taking your place at the other side of the table. "You know, the count is coming today," he said. You nodded silently, although in your head, you were cursing.

Another suitor, you thought. You were getting tired of them, but you knew your father wasn't going to be satisfied until you were married. Not someone you loved, no, rather someone your father loved. Or in other words, someone with a lot of money. You had been lucky so far, but you never knew when your father was just going to send you off with some random man.

Muttering that you were going out for a walk, you grabbed your coat and headed outside. You headed to the only place that would give you comfort; the seashore.

You took off your shoes and walked along the water. Suddenly feeling like a little kid, you ran with your arms spread open and twirled around. Glancing at the ocean, you saw the blurry outline of a boat. Looking up at the fluffy clouds, you felt yourself relax.

Getting up, you shake the sand from your dress and hurried home. However, as you were going back, you caught sight of a huge crowd near the port. Curious, you weave through the crowds and saw...

A pirate

My first fanfic. This was pretty fun to write, so I'll add the other chapters soon. :)