eleven

Outer Banks: Episode 2, 9:51

"And then we were right outside like this," JJ starts his story, taking his arms back that were once rested around you waist. He moves to the brick chimney and places his back against it, replaying what happened earlier. 

"And all we hear is just, 'Bam! Bam! Bam!'" he says, making you giggle.

"Knocking paint off the wall, G! From the inside. All right? And I'm just looking at them, like - wait, first off, look at this shit, look at it," JJ says moving over to where Kie and Pope where sitting. He starts to shake the paint out of his hair.

"That's dandruff, disgusting," Kie says, looking at him with a face of disgust.

"Okay, thank you," Pope adds.

"Look at all that. All right? That's paint, right, babe?" JJ says, looking over at you for reassurance. You smile and nod, messing around your hair to show the paint in your hair as well.

"At that point, I was just, like... I'm waiting for death," JJ says making you laugh and shake your head. JJ moves back over to where you are, wrapping his arms around your waist. 

"Oh, okay, so you saw the guys that shot at us, right?" Pope asks, his head in his hands. You tense and JJ's hold on you tightens.

"Yeah," he responds to Pope. 

"Um, did, did you get a good description of them? What did they look like?" Pope questions.

"Yeah, anything, anything is helpful," Kie says.

"Anything we can bring to a police report, maybe," Pope continues. JJ moves again and you walk towards John B. He has been quiet this whole time. 

"Burly," JJ tells them.

"Burly?" Pope says, annoyed and unimpressed.

"Yeah. You know like-" JJ tries.

"That's not very helpful," Kie tells him.

"Okay, well, no, like the type of guy at my dad's garage. I mean, you guys know he made cargo hides for drug smugglers," JJ said.

"Yeah. Yes. No, we know," Kie says.

"I can tell you with full confidence. These boys, these killers..." JJ starts before taking a hit off of his JUUL. You quickly walk over to him and snatch it out of his hands. You don't like drugs, or vapes. It's bad for you and you don't want JJ to be doing that stuff. JJ rolls his eyes but wraps an arm around your waist before continuing.

"They're square groupers,".

"They're square groupers, like narco square grouper? Like Pablo Escobar square grouper?" Pope asks. JJ attempts to get back his JUUL but you don't let him.

"Yeah, man," 

"You guys, not everything is a kingpin movie," Kie tells them, but they don't really listen to her.

"Ok so what does this square grouper look like? Specifically, " Pope starts questioning JJ again. 

"You weren't there, bro!" JJ yells.

"Cause apparently you don't know what to look for," Pope finishes his last sentence.

"Dude! I wasn't taking little mental Polaroids the entire time. Man, I was under duress, okay? But I can tell you... I can tell you by the way that Ms.Lana was screaming, that these guys are serious, serious hombres, man," JJ says, clearly stressed out. You walk over to him and take him into your arms, rubbing his back soothingly. 

"It's ok, J, calm down, we understand," you whisper to him. He nods and presses a soft kiss to your lips. You both pull away and JJ calms down.

"It's a heavy vibe right now, okay? I'm not liking this very much," JJ says, taking you into his arms and resting his head on top of yours. He sways you both slightly and you can feel his breathing become even again.