Chapter 2: Where?

Start from the beginning

'..some witnesses reported there was a bright, blue light that flashed at the time some disappeared.'

Did anybody see a bright light? Was I now part of the disappearances? If I was, where was I? Where were all the other disappearances? Is anybody looking for me? My mind began to race. No, I'll find someone. I'll find someone to help. I'll find my way back. I won't be another disappearance. I sighed and pulled out one of my cigs to calm myself down. I turned off my phone to save any battery incase I needed the flashlight on it. I laid down on the seat and used my stuff as a pillow. It wasn't that comfortable but I needed to get some rest. Who knows how long I'll have to travel tomorrow. I laid there for a while, my thoughts still racing. I finished my cig and turned over to my side. My eyelids finally started to get heavy and I gave in to a restless sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I kept tossing and turning throughout the night. I kept waking up and I'd look out the sunroof. I'd still see the stars wishing daylight would come so I could try to solve this.

A couple hours later, I opened my eyes feeling groggy. I turned over and looked out. The last of the stars were starting to disappear. It was almost sunrise. I stood up and peaked outside. The sun hasn't risen all the way just yet but it looks like it was just about to peak over the mountains. I decided it was probably as good as time as any to try and get going. I crawled back in and took out one of the small bottles and drank it. I still had three bottles left. I looked around for anything at the last minute. Nothing else.

I placed my stuff on the roof and pulled myself out. I carefully slid down the side and stood up straight. I stretched, it did feel good to get outta there. I used the bathroom and looked around. I decided to head in the direction where the house would be. I still remembered that over the mountains there should be LA. I slipped my makeshift bag over my head and started walking.

I wasn't too far from the base of the mountain. As I got closer I could see vegetation and lots of it. My stomach growled. I didn't have any food. I could try and find some food or something. No, I couldn't waste daylight. I'll look along the way plus it shouldn't take longer than a day to find someone. As I walked, I tried to eye a trail of some sort that could help get up the mountain easier and faster. I couldn't see one.

It felt like hours before I finally got to the base and some vegetation started showing. I started the incline up. It started to get steep pretty quick. I started heading up in a zigzag motion to make it easier to climb. It became more difficult without a trail.

The vegetation was thick and had a lot more trees. I was now in forest territory. I could feel small sticks and thorns scrape my legs through my pants and the ground became uneven. Soon with fallen trees, it was making it hard to go in a straight line. As long as I continued up, I should be fine, I told myself. It was getting tiring and then I realized I should try to be a bit louder since there could be animals here. I didn't know if there were bears or mountain lions in this area. I began to make myself panic and started slightly hyperventilating. There was no way I could out run them or fight them. I stopped and took a few deep breaths to calm myself down. When I started out again I made some noises and even sang to ease my tensions.

It didn't seem like long before the sun was in the middle of the sky. I could feel myself heating up as I crossed a small clearing. I decided to stop for a few minutes to cool down beneath a tree. I took my bag off and sat down. I took a drink of water, finishing off one of the small bottles. I only had 2 left. If I was gonna survive I needed to find some water first. Sure it shouldn't take that long to find someone but who knows how long it will take regardless. I needed to try and be prepared for a couple of days maybe even weeks if it came to that.

My stomach growled. I suddenly remembered I had gum. I took some out and chewed some. It didn't help much but it was better than nothing right now. I sat for a couple more minutes trying to think how much farther I needed to get. I looked out over the small clearing in front of me. I could see the limo, which made it feel like I hadn't made much progress. But by looking how far away the limo was, I feel like I was half way up by now. I looked at the sun. I could maybe be at the top by twilight if I kept along. After a few more minutes, I felt cooler. I got up, grabbed my bag, and started trekking again.

===========================================================================

Hey guys I hope you liked this chapter! Let me know y'alls thoughts on what you think happened to George! 😬😬

I'm currently already working on Chapter 3, so I hope to see y'all soon! Love ya! 🖤🖤

===========================================================================